Post #1500 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) – Spinning/Baitcasters

I’m gonna keep it nice and simple.

Favorite Baitcaster:

Favorite Spinning Reel:

My favorite caster is either a Daiwa Tatula CT or a Lew’s Mach 2.
    My favorite spinning reel is the Ole Reliable. The Pflueger President.

What are yours???

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I recently purchased a new Tatula and yet have to get it to the water. Presidents and the mid/upper line of Shimano, Symetre and Stradic are my go to’s.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Anxious to see how the spin Tatula does in the winter.

Otherwise haven’t been overly impressed with any reel, except my president. Just keeps going after many others quit. Been the heavy duty reel on my lighter catfish setup to for couple years now, flat out impressive after several years.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Okuma Ceymar on my tucr ice rod.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Favorite Baitcaster is my Daiwa Tatula CT

Favorite spinning reel is my new Daiwa Legalis. $70 reel and feels like a $200 spinning reel with an incredibly smooth drag.

404 ERROR
    MN

Spinning goes to my presidents.

For baitcasting…I don’t do enough of that type of fishing to really give a good response. I have multiple Ambassadeur round reels from C3’s, C4’s and an STX and I like them all.

This summer I got to thinking about 3-way rigging with baitcasters and picked up a couple Quantum KVD reels. The drag isn’t the best, but the reels work well for what I paid for them. One more summer of trouble free operation and I will look into investing into better reels. I found they were easier to operate when running two lines and letting out line in a rod holder was much easier.

Sean Solberg
    St. Paul

Baitcaster: Daiwa Tatula SV. If you are tossing much larger baits, I love the Calcutta 250 size reels

Spinning: Currently my favorite is the Daiwa Ballistic LT. My Shimano Symetre reels are starting to show their wear/tear, but they were an incredible reel for the price for a long time.

FryDog62

Casting: Daiwa Steez SV TW
    Spinning: what’s that?? (Haha, President)

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Could’nt decide on favorites so i’m sticking with the trusty canepole.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Could’nt decide on favorites so i’m sticking with the trusty canepole.

bow Ya Cane’t go wrong there! applause

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

I recently purchased a Tatula 2000 spinning reel and used it on the river last week. It’s the smoothest reel I’ve ever owned. If it holds up like other Daiwa reels I have owned it will be hard to beat.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Tatula SV

As for spinning I’m not the one to ask. Mine need to pull double duty with good seals, so I go with Penn, a proven salt reel.

I can tell you I do not like Quantum spinning reels.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Tatula SV

As for spinning I’m not the one to ask. Mine need to pull double duty with good seals, so I go with Penn, a proven salt reel.

I can tell you I do not like Quantum spinning reels.

I haven’t had good luck with Quantum reels either.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I do like their baitcasters, but the spinning reels I have issues with the handle and the inside gunking up, not to mention my drag clicker broke. I am taking it apart for the second time in a half year. I hope it is just grease build up in one spot. The last time I cleaned it out and it was smooth again…but when I was putting it back together I was afraid I put too much on the gears.

I have and accurist and a smoke baitcaster. The accurist is a bit heavy, but a work horse. Heck I still have a Quantum Iron sitting around, I’ll probably convert that to salt bait reel.

FryDog62

I would add the Curado 70 to the casting list. I prefer the Daiwa Tatula SV if casting really light lures or skipping… otherwise the C70 is a compact dream to palm all day. Smooth, great ergonomics and performs well. Same price as Tat.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.