Possesion Limit morons?

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The twice the daily bag limit actually makes more sense with the smaller limits in Minnesota. I mean I can legally have 100 panfish in my freezer and either 40 or 50 (i forgot the daily limit) of speckled perch.

riverruns
    Inactive

Maybe he was keeping that many because he doesn’t want to come back to MN when you need the sticker on the trailer? Oh and what lake was it? I need some speckled perch.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

As far as strawman arguments go, yes, it was…that’s how comparative rhetorical questions are constructed to address differences in how people look at the same people looks at similar realities to only seemingly arrive at different conclusions, yes? But as far as the strawman being illogical, not so much. However, I probably could have made the “body count” comparison just as well if not better with a resident angler vs. the traveling angler scenario. In fact, it may have rung more true as there are probably decidedly more resident anglers practicing what I described than retirees as Grouse points out. Lastly, for those of you who are only advocating the issue simply on a “the laws is the law” basis, I’d suggest this issue is more than that to you if you actively break speed limits when you drive. That too is the law, yes? The devil has now retired. ;-)

Again, let me be clear, I do follow possession limits.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

And with that now I don’t even remember what you were originally devilishly advocating.

Are you saying that if you speed and break the law that you cannot make the argument that one broke the law and one didn’t? I think most people who speed do it at their own peril.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

As far as strawman arguments go, yes, it was…that’s how comparative rhetorical questions are constructed to address differences in how people look at the same people looks at similar realities to only seemingly arrive at different conclusions, yes?

Attachments:
    1. images1.jpg

chomps
    Sioux City IA

if his possession limit is 40, then he’s 200 over the number which the law said he can have in his freezer. As the devils advocate discussion was about the lake shore property owners catching and eating what they caught. Why would one assume the party of people who were out fishing were not also eating a meal or two while on their trip plus bringing home over 200 fish (maybe person) back home? I wouldn’t blink an eye before calling in to TIP, even if it is a friend.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Glad he got turned in…hope the DNR acts on it.
    Not to get totally off subject but are you sure he was in MN ?

I can’t think of 1 lake in MN where 10 guys could catch that many perch.
    Unless they aren’t jumbo’s and just run of the mill 8 and 9 inchers?

Jumbo Perch just aren’t as plentiful as they once were in a few MN lakes…probably cuz a-holes taking 10 times more than their limit home !!

PB2

Its a terrible anogly…the retired guy is not catching and eating a limit of fish every day.
    Thats not how it works or they operate.
    Its a fantancy land scenario.

Now if the question is who is a bigger crimminal locals like the retiree poacher or out stater meat hoarders that would be debatable.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

If this group was at a resort where was the resort owner? You can’t keep that many fish from 10 guys in a run of the mill refrigerator with a freezer. On another note I called CO about 3 guys that were getting a limit of crappies 3 or 4 times a week in the spring.CO said he needed their truck license number to know when they are at the lake. Gave him the names and addresses of all 3 and nothing ever became of the tip. I asked one guy what he did with all the fish. His answer was he trades it for Elk meat with a friend from Colorado. I just don’t understand some peoples logic.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.