pop-up scope caps

• Jimmy Jones

I hit Scheels this morning for a pair of pop-up scope caps and found just what I needed. I’ve put these on just about every scope I have on a gun and love them. My smokeless .45 cal muzzy needed a pair and now that mission is accomplished.

How many here use them and how many just hunt without any lense covers?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have a neoprene scope cover when my rifle(s) are not in use. When its raining or snowing it doesn’t do me much good in the field/woods though. I might invest in these scope caps. What did they cost you, can I ask?

Jimmy Jones

$10.00 per cap. The Rochester store had a real good supply and quite a few diameter options. Mine fit quite snug but can be removed without any issues. I bought them mainly for transit thru woods to and from the stand, where the caps will be open all the time while hunting. If I did much still hunting where understory was on the thick side, I’d probably opt for a pair that had clear lenses.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Butler Creek – Blizzard (clear) on the objective lense and flip up on the eye of every scope, binoculars and monoculars I own. Scopes get the button press flip ups.

I too just got some (8) for the scope and the binos I bought. BUT I can’t source them locally so it’s been buy and return a few times from Opticsplanet. Great return policy there, they send a prepaid label. I did drive to Wausau (60 miles) to 2 stores that had every size I didn’t need. Next time I will order one of every size thats close and have only 1 return/exchange.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I use the pop up scope caps on many of my guns. I bought a used gun that had them and wondered why I didn’t have them aon all my hunting rifles. Well now I have them on almost all my scopes.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Its been a while on this thread but I intend to buy a pair of these for my rifle scope this weekend. I’m confused on which size I need. Any advice? I could ask someone at the store too but I’d like to get an idea on how the sizing of these work in advance.

I have a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x scope.

Jimmy Jones

While you should be able to measure the outside diameter of both lenses to determine the correct size I always just tell them what scope I have and let them grab one from the case to try the lens covers on.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

While you should be able to measure the outside diameter of both lenses to determine the correct size I always just tell them what scope I have and let them grab one from the case to try the lens covers on.

Thanks, will do.

robby
    Quad Cities

I like them

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So I went to Scheels today and bought a set of these. Unfortunately, they are the wrong size. I had an employee help me too. The scope I have is not available anymore, so it was just a guess on the size.

I don’t think I’ll have time before the season to bring them back for the correct size. When I have time I will be bringing my rifle to the store so they can correctly size these caps on my scope.

Slightly annoyed to say the least.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.