will it ever go back down?

• urbanrivers

Was by the Falls again this morning. The island just under the Dam is covered again, and the river is back up to the wall by the ramp at the Falls. That after it had started to slow down a little earlier in the week. Was out Monday and Tuesday, up into Pool 1, did really well with the smallies, and sauger just below the island under the dam, but today the water looks to be really churning again. What a drag.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Not any time soon! We just sat out one of the hardest rains I can remember in quite awhile. The streets were covered with water during the worst of the down pour, which lasted about 45 minutes, then it started to hail.

I’m not sure how widespread the rain was. I’ll definitely be looking at the water stage projections tomorrow.

James Holst

Moving Waters Guide Service

http://www.movingwaters.net

urbanrivers

Just saw a report that said the Twin Cities got more rain on June 13 than on any other June 13 on record, almost 3 inches of water fell during that 24 hours. Along with all the rest of the rain this month it makes for some wet, wet times. What crazy weather.

DONOTDELETE

May be awhile. Just spoke with the parents in Brainerd, the ditches are running backwards out of the swamps theres so much water. 371 had running water over it the other day. I never saw that. Bring out the waders…..

dinosaur
    South St. Paul, Mn.

When I got to Mille Lacs last Friday I emptied 4 1/2″ from my rain gauge. This was from last Sunday evening through Friday at 6pm. The area got pounded again this morning according to the weather radar. Here in Shoreview it poured buckets of rain from 6:30 until 8:30. Look for the rivers to get worse.

~D

urbanrivers

I just looked at the Corps’ site for water flow at lock 1. On the 12th there was 19200 cfs coming over the dam, on the 18th we were back up to 32700. Certainly a long way from the 64000 flowing through there at the height of the flood but still alot of water running throught the gorge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.