new user

• slowpoke
    Perham Mn

I was looking for info on fishing the river and came across this forum and decided to join. Winter has been too long and I’m anxious to get back in the boat again. The water around here won’t be open for at least 6 weeks. Can anyone give be info on boat ramps etc on Pool 2 Thanks

davec
    St. Paul MN.

I do know that 494 and 61 is open and there are people fishing.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Welcome to the site Steve. Your going to like it here.

Gator Hunter

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome aboard to both you and everyone who is new here. You will have fun and please feel free to talk/post all you want.
    Thanks, Bill

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

Thanks for the replies. I’m not familiar with the location of the ramps. I’m from the frozen north!! I am familiar with the the roads though. Can you give me directions from 494? I would appreciate it. Spent the day on the ice up here fishing crappies and sunfish–just finished supper—nothing beats fresh fish!!! Any help you can give me would be great. Thanks!!!

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

Pool 2 is open and the ramp at the 494 bridge is in great shape. I was out yesterday, although I didn’t fish, there were several fishing. Directions to the ramp are as follows:

Take the Hardman Ave. exit off 494, go north on Hardman until you get to the road directly across the street from Sportsmans Guide, there used to be a “water access” sign on the corner but the construction on the road. Take a right on that road, and follow it under the 494 bridge, you will see a parking lot, and a road going over the flood wall. You will find the ramp on the river side.

The water temp was 37 degrees, and the there were a few fish caught, but things will start popping when the water temp go up another 3-5 degrees.

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

Thanks everyone for the help. It sounds like the rest of the week is going to be cold. Hopefully by the week-end it will warm up and I can get out there. Thanks again!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.