P14 on the Rise

• holennet
    Park View, Iowa

Looks like fishing P14 will be tough in the near future if forecast holds up. Checked the levels at Comanche today…11.37ft…flow 58.4(kcfs). Forecast 1 week into the future is 16.0ft….flow 135. This is considered action stage with 17ft being flood stage. Lots of water coming down from the North. Might put a kink in the fall bite!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Im all for fishing high water on the river but this last rain even has me worried a bit. Dont think I have ever fish flood water or even close to flood water this late in the year and am not sure of what to expect. My normal reaction would be to head farther back into the back water and lakes but this time of year most fish are moving out of those areas.

On the positive side those fish will have to feed some where no matter how high the water gets.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

flow 135

Holy Crap!

The summer of 2010 will go down in history as “the summer of cleansing”.

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

I tried to fish 14 wednesday afternoon and the huge rafts of weeds made fishing near impossible. I had to stop and raise my motor 3 times in less than 1 mile to clean weeds away from the prop. The river was getting just about right but weeds and high water will put an end to this years flathead fishing, my opinion.

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Might as well put so stabil in the boat for the next few weeks. Current prediction says 3.5 ft over flood stage at Camanche. I’m starting to get worried about our charity walleye tournament on 10/23.

jig-fan
    Port Byron IL

This has been the most messed up year I can remember. I was thinking the same thing on the tournament. It is showing 20 plus levels all the way to Oct. 6 That doesn’t leave much time for the river to get back to normal. It looks like it going to be fairly dry for the next 14 days so I hope it comes down quick. Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.