Best deep cycle battery

• Fishon1
    Eastern Iowa

I am in need of a new trolling motor group 31 battery. Is there a best in class battery? I have used one from Battery Plus for a few years and it has worked ok.

Thanks for the help.

igotone

Cabela’s Advanced Angler AGM Batteries

Group 27 rating is as good as a most other brands Group 31’s

I picked up a pair 4 years ago at there spring sale

Charge fast and hold a charge really good.

Plus they are sealed no spills

I charge them in the fall and store the boat all winter.

I check them in the spring still at 100% Do not have to baby sit them

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Trojan…by far.

Big Bad and hold up to long days no the trolling motor.

duckilr
    Mississippi River

OPTIMA’s

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I got the Sears DieHard AGM Marine last year and have never had batteries that were close to as good performing. The downside is they were expensive. They are SUPPOSED to last longer, which will mitigate the cost. We will see.

Oh, and they are maintenece free, and will not spill. No worrying about water levels. And, they charge up must faster.

ses
    Mississippi River

Quote:

OPTIMA’s

Ditto for me!

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Quote:

Interstate

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

For what its worth…I just replaced my two (24 volt) bow mount batteries on my 1750 C-liner. I had Northland 31 series that lasted 5.5 years.
    Several local guys that are hardcore Musky/Walleye fishermen with bigger boats praised the Walmart Deep Cycle Marine battery. So I bought two 29 series that had the same charge duration rating as my old 31s for only $149 (after core credits). We’ll see how they last and perform very soon…

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Quote:

Quote:

Interstate

x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tHEY LAST FOREVER!!!!!!

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Interstate

x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tHEY LAST FOREVER!!!!!!

I have had very good luck with interstate… I won’t use anyting else.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I’ve used several brands including walmarts, Fleet Farm, Everstart, trojan, Northern and the best so far that I have found has been the Interstate. It seems to hold the full charge longer than any of the others I have used.

I will definitely buy more Interstate when needed

Just my $0.02

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

For what its worth…I just replaced my two (24 volt) bow mount batteries on my 1750 C-liner. I had Northland 31 series that lasted 5.5 years.
    Several local guys that are hardcore Musky/Walleye fishermen with bigger boats praised the Walmart Deep Cycle Marine battery. So I bought two 29 series that had the same charge duration rating as my old 31s for only $149 (after core credits). We’ll see how they last and perform very soon…

Good luck with them Tom. I hope you have better luck with them than I did. I bought 3 new one’s from them 2 summers ago and had one go bad mid way thru the 1st summer and another one go bad at the start of the 2nd summer. Then by the end of the 2nd summer the one replaced midway thru 1st summer went bad again. They have been good about replacing them but kind of a pain each time. I for one will not use them again.

airpart

I’ve had Optima (lasted only a year), Walmart (lated two years) and now Interstate which are still go0ing strong after three years I guess that I will stick with the Interstates.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Northern Marine Batteries

mule170
    Bemidji

Interstate I have had issues with optimas freezing during cold weather

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I’m with you 110% on this. I have 2 of the Cabelas AGM group 30s and they are w/o question, the best batteries I have ever used in 40 years of owning boats, and I have tried all the brands mentioned in this post. The group 30 has 1525 mca..over 200 min of reserve capacity. They hold their charge amazingly well, and as mentioned, are corrosion proof. Pricey…but worth it !! I just picked up my 2nd one at Cabelas a few weeks ago, on sale at $139 less $20 bucks for a coupon…$119 is almost a steal !

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I must be one of the lucky ones, I bought a blue top optima in April of 2002 for my 12 volt trolling motor for the boat I had at the time. In 2003 I bought a different boat and used the same 12 volt motor and optima in the new boat. In 2006 I bought a 24 volt trolling motor and bought two new maintenance free batteries, I cannot remember the brand off the top of my head. I could not justify the now higher price on the optima’s especially seeing as I needed two of them. I then moved my blue top optima from the trolling motor battery to the starting battery, it is going on its 8th season and still going strong.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.