Dresbach

• Art

Hows it looking for putting boats in? Upper ramps open? Haven’t fished there in about 5 years,been fishing Winona and Alma. Have the week off so its fish, fish, fish. It’s my reward. Haven’t had a cig. since Jan. Been smoking since 1968 when I was in Nam. Wife gave me the whole week to fish.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The upper ramp looked open from the interstate today. I wasn’t able to confirm that by taking a drive down there yet.

Good luck when you get out!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

The ramp at the dam is open.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Congratulations on quitting.
    It only gets easier as time goes by

Ron

P.S. Good luck fishing

dentmeister1

Quitting is only really tough for the first ten years. Stay tough

jmccool

There are still chunks of ice on the ramp. However, you can launch on the north side in the mud, like I did today, if you have a 4×4. There were only a dozen or so boats out there today. The fishing was fair. My son and I caught alot of small saugers and walleyes … approx. 30 or so. In total we caught two 16 inch walleyes and four 13-14 inch saugers.

Art

Thanks for info. Planing on Wend. there. River should be up 3-4 ft. by then. I was a pretty heavy smoker. Almost 2 packs a day. Putting $10.00 a day in savings,make a nice downpayment on a new boat next summer.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Just so you know you will have $3650 to put down on a boat next year. If only I would have never started chewing. I would be in a ranger 621 right now. I go through 182.5 cans of chew per year. That’s 2,737.5 cans of chew since I first started 15 years ago. That means i’ve spent roughly 14 grand on chew. Makes me sick, never figured it out before. Good luck at Dresbach…

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I never was a drinker, smoker or chewer. I always spent all my money on fishing stuff. Now I just have a crankbait addiction. I’m pretty sure my wife would rather have me chew than buy another 500-600 more cranks. Oh well, we all have our vices.

fireline
    Rochester

Where is that ramp located ? Does it have a dock ?

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

It’s just downstream from the dam on the MN side, Not the best ramp in the world (shallow last time I used it) but it has 2 stalls with docks, I mostly land below the I-90 bridge but that is still frozen, and I’m hopeing the clinton street (east ) opens soon,it’s close to being open.

fireline
    Rochester

Thanks Garvi, was thinking it was up river more .

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

It’s only about 300 yards from the dam. The upper landing can be a pain, especially for bigger boats. Regular to low water, it’s super shallow, high water, you better bring waders.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.