Alma Landing

• bear
    Trempealeau

Has anyone been by the landing in Alma behind the mill. Is it open. Or how much ice is there to push acrosse?

Thanks,

Bear

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Hey Bear, I was down that way Sunday just checking out future fishing areas. The ramp you are talking about was iced in. I went down 35 a ways and found another ramp Belvelder. It was in good shape with just a small lip of ice right at the rivers edge. I talked to group that was just launching and they were going after gills. Another larger rig had already launched. I looked the river over pretty good and never saw anyone around alma fishing.I thought there would be a lot of boats out there but no one.Do you fish down there often? It looks like a great area! That other ramp you are wondering about might be open with all the nice weather since Sunday. Maybe we need to talk to the bait store about posting ramp info. The bait store is almost directly across the street from the feed mill. Steve

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This is for all your pool 5 fans….. in March 2002 we’ll be bringing on a group to report consistent and reliable fishing, ramp, and river condition reports for that area. These guys are on the water EVERY day from March – November so they look to be a valuable asset to our growing list of EFN Pro-Staff or Field Staff reporters.

Look for this addition in the upcoming months!

bear
    Trempealeau

leinieman,

I fish there quite a bit in the early spring. It is usually the first area accessible by boat except for Red Wing of course. It can have good potential.

Thanks for the info guys.

Bear

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Hey Bear are you from the Alma Area? I have never fished that area before but that big lake area has my attention. I plan on checking it out this spring. Are there ususally ton’s of boats out on the water down by Alma. I don’t really care to fish with all the people by the dam but how about downstream?? I would think there are some giant Crappie’s gills, and some toothy critters on those bigger backwater area’s. Hey James don’t you guide down there???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.