Pool 10 from the Wisconsin River/Lynxville Dam

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I got out yesterday for the first time in a long time…Fishing was good…I mostly V-Jigged due to the amounts of grass coming down. There are some hungry Walleyes and Saugers down there…

I did not pull anything to write home about but even with all the wind it was a blast to get out in the new rig..

The way the wind was blowing there was a lot of grass piling up on the shore lines, so this should help a lot…If you want to fish, just do some exploring to find some seems to reduce the amount of grass you have to deal with..

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Great to hear your new rig worked out
    Your summary is almost a carbon copy of our day on 11. Slower seams in that 18fow. range had the fish stacked, just couldn’t find the bigger fish. Only had two in the box at days end and they eventually swam.
    The grass wasn’t bad either like you stated, alot of surface crap but once you got through it it was manageable.
    Thanks for the up-date Dave and remember, to properly break in a Ranger you must go full throttle at all times

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

What did you end up getting Dave?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

this little devil !!!

It didn’t do anything for me and the fish today….We caught many fish…but the many were mini !!!

HommeDeNord
    Independence, Iowa.

Nice boat dave… I was up there the same day. I was in a 21′ lund alaskan w/ 115 4-stroke honda. Spent alot of time around the dam, spill-way, and s-curves. Seemed like a tough day for me. Saw a ton of small fish caught by all the guys sitting side by side on the wall. I just did not want to get in that mix. Caught a few nice fish at spillway.. Watched a guy from shore pull some nice eyes in right off the outlet. Did not want to crowd him, so moved on. Thinking about going up tommorow but if it is just by the wall… I dont know. Lots of amish fishing. That was kind of wierd. Anyway.. If you have a bit of advise I would greatly appriciate any. Again.. beautiful rig. If you see a big ole’ alaskan w/ a 115 honda say hello.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I am going to drop an anchor in the boat today and try my luck at the mouth of the Wisconsin River with the wife !!

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Nice rig Dave…good luck today!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Saugers/walleyes were on strike today….

but I did stumble onto some real nice smallies !!!

But now I have to wait till next weekend to exploit them !!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Nice ride Dave, hope she works out for you as good as she looks

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Quote:

if you let me know where to look I may be able to exploit them for you Bait of choice…hair jigs, minnows, ???

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Nice boat brudda. Hope I get to spill the first beer in it. I still can’t believe you let your daughter give ya that new doo, (ya punk!)
    guess who??????????

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Quote:

this little devil !!!

It didn’t do anything for me and the fish today….We caught many fish…but the many were mini !!!

WOW NICE RIG

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Awesome looking boat buddy! Looking forward to a trip to Erie this spring to break it in!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Quote:

if you let me know where to look I may be able to exploit them for you Bait of choice…hair jigs, minnows, ???

I was pitching white paddle tails…with a 1/8 oz precision head….

They would SMACK them and pull real real hard !!!

ted-merdan

That is a SHARP boat – one of my favorite color combo’s – looks like the wait was definitely worth it!!!

I am going to send a bucket of Gulp! Alive along with Steve to spill in strategic locations to ‘break her in right’…

Can’t wait to see that rig in action sometime soon!!!

-ted

BigZamer

Nice boat Dave! Hope all is going well with you. I may head up there next week and give it a try!

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Any more news for P10?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.