where to launch boat?

• wilk71
    Albany, Missouri

If fishing the head of the lake area….where is the best place to put in at? Is the water at Bay City too low now? would it be best to put in at the park in red wing?
    staying down by nelson so have to drive either way, just want to go to a problem free ramp. thanks, Brian

Joel Schultz
    Winthrop ,Iowa Wabasha, Mn.

Wilk, Just stay by Schotzy and he will find you a place to put in at. Just kidding! I know James and Dustin keep their boats at Everets but I will call Dusty and see if he knows?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I would shy away from the launch in Bay City. You can still get out but it’s tricky. You have to pick the right path and even then you have to cover about 1/4 mile of 1.5 ft deep water. I would maybe launch at Colville Park.

Gator Hunter

pittmd

You can launch at the coleville(?) park. The ramp is good there.

wilk71
    Albany, Missouri

thanks guys….dont want to get into any trouble launching the boat. i knew there was a park by redwing to lauch out of.
    thanks again..Brian

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Brian, if you are fishing the upper end Colville, Baypoint park or Everts should get you in to the areas you want to fish.

Good luck and let us know how the fishing goes for you guys

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

If you are going to fish the lower end of the river I would launch at Colvill.

If your going to fish north of Red Wing I would launch Bay point or Everts.

This way you bypass the no-wake zones.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.