Mississippi River Daily Bulletin Site

• Bassn Dan

It appears that the Corps of Engineers is not going to maintain the “Mississippi River Daily Bulletin” site that many of us use.

I used the “Contact Us” link to email them and got this response: “Data is also available at http://www.rivergages.com. Look under reports for St. Paul bulletins.”

I replied to that email stating that the “Rivergages” site does not include many of the useful data elements that the Daily Bulletin site did, including water temp, air temp, ice thickness, etc.

NO REPLY!!!

It looks like it’s time for the IDA members that used to use the Daily Bulletin site to start an email barrage!

Let’s be nice, but if nice doesn’t work…….

Dan

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Bummer if that’s how it’s going to be. I checked that website darn-near daily.

Looks like I’ll be sending a friendly email their way.

tbird171
    Winona, MN

I tried to email them too and received an error message.
    Sure going to miss the info…any one have some personal contacts?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I sent an email and it appears to have gone through with a message telling me it was successful. I’m hoping they bring those gauges back.

Bassn Dan

The page to send a message to the webmaster is http://www.mvp-wc.usace.army.mil/services/webmail.shtml

The first time I sent a message to them it was with my hotmail address, and that came back as blocked, so I would guess they also block yahoomail, etc.

This is the email address that comes up on the Rivergages site [email protected] <[email protected]>

While the Corps probably doesn’t care that much about fisherman, I would think that barge operators would also want to know the water temp so they don’t get trapped by ice in fall. Maybe the Corps didn’t think of that.

Dan

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I was sent a reply today. Here it is:

Quote:

No, our site will not be coming back online. Data is being moved over
    to http://www.rivergages.com.

That’s a bummer….

superdave
    NE IA

Guys, check this out…If you go to rivergages.com, and pick St. Paul district, and then Lock and Dams, most of the info is back up. Here’s a link. River flows and levels

Bassn Dan

Thanks Dave. This is an improvement from what they’ve had lately. It still won’t extract historic data (an Excel worksheet pops up with a header, but no data.)

A step in the right direction. Let’s hope they continue to make improvements.

Dan

flatoutally
    MN

Everyone should email and complain. The old COE site was very good and now it’s GONE. Why? I sent an email and will send another if they reply or not. The recording hardware is out there and it’s recording. This is short sighted administrative decision that doesn’t make sense.

BrianK’s Cousin
    Hastings

After I return from 16 hours of “Fiscal Law” mandatory training, I’ll check around for you guys.

The Cousin also known as The Dam Clerk

buschman
    Pool 2

This was the 1st time I checked the Lock & Dam option and its day and night compared to the others. Thanks for sharing!!!! Its not much different there from the old one!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.