FLYING CARP

• teamvexilar
    Richland Center, Wisconsin

Quote:

well they ARE Asian carp…. yep.. they eat em in asia…. in fact they are quite popular…

Yea, they eat cats in asia too! Here kitty kitty !CHOMP!
    I got the gas operated semi automatic marine issue laser sighted heat seeking shotgun cleaned, loaded and ready for the day they say GO

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Quote:

Two species of Asian carp-the silver and the bighead carps-escaped into the Mississippi River from southern aquaculture facilities in the early 1990s when the facilities were flooded.

So my question is: Why the heck aren’t these facilities being sued and made to pay, pay, pay for this? If they weren’t insured against something like this, they darned well should’ve been. I can guarantee you that any underwriter would not have allowed a such a facility to exist in any shape where an escape was possible.

As for your kitchen, Kid, “Sheepshead: The ‘other’ other white meat”

herb
    6ft under

Flooding occurs in these areas of catfish rearing quite often. If a lawsuit is to take place, it should be against those who imported the species and those who allowed them to be imported. I hear a lot about getting government out of our lives, but this is a classic example of why we need controls. Such a lawsuit should be of the class-action type because so many livelyhoods will be ruined. Commercial fishing, fishmarkets, guiding, boat and motor sales. The list of the affected will be endless.

Bassn Dan

While there will no doubt be an impact from these Asian carp, we can hope that their population will crash after the initial boom like zebra mussels and other exotics have.

Dan

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

With the plankton being the main diet……………they may thin out but I still fear that everything else will suffer first. This has severe impacts on reproduction. No food for the babies equals dead babies.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.