1st. Generation Guide passes

• fireflick
    Alma WI

For those that knew my grandfather, he passed away this morning very peacefully. My grandfather was the one that started River Guiding and taught us boys all we needed to know about the river. IF it wasn’t for him we would not know as much as we know about fishing. It was him that started us fishing at such an early age. He always said I had better take you boys fishing so that we can keep you noses out of mischief. I am not looking for sympathy but I would rather see everyone take a kid or friend fishing. Get involved with the youth of today. You never know when you last trip will be. Fishing and time with a loved can build so many memories. Cherish those moments. I know I will have memories that will last forever and Grandpa you will always have a spot in my boat. I guess we will have an exrta peson with Dylan and I when we fish the Lake Pepin Open this weekend. He was 88. Sorry there will be no fishing report this next week. He is the one on left with one of his stringers of fish from pool 5.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

very sorry for your loss Jarrad.
    My condolences to your family.

Brian Lyons

A fishing Grandfather is indeed a treasure. You are right Jarrad, he will always fish with you.

Our deepest sympathy goes out to your family.

The Lyons’

pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

Sorry to here this ,sounds like he lived a good life.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Very sorry to hear about your loss Jarred. He went to heaven knowing he taught you guys the love for fishing and did a very good job at it too. Take care, Bill

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Jared, I just got home and heard about grandpa Flick.I’m sure you and Lee and the rest of the family will be feeling the loss for quite some time. He was truly one of the last of the old time rivermen and it was an experience to have known him. Sorry for your loss.

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

I’m sorry to here of your loss. Granpa’s are always missed.
    Keep your memories close to your heart for they are priceless..
    Take care my friend..

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Jarrad and Fluekiger family, sorry to learn of your loss….

Jon J.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Hey Jarrad, So sorry to hear about your grandfather. It sounds like he was one hell of a man. Pam and I feel for you and your family. If there is anything at all we can do for you, let us know.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

My condolences to you and family.You never lose a loved one,you always have what youv’e shared together.

And it is important to pass it on,it will both enrich and reward.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Condolences and best wishes from our family as well.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Were sorry for your loss Jarrad. If your grandpa helped teach you what you know about fishing and the outdoors,and he did a great job. Hopefully you will be able to pass on the lessons to your children and help foster those very same ideals to people lucky to have you or your other family as guides on the river. Your right,your grand father will not only have a place in your boat,but he is most likely in it right now rummaging through your tackle box!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Jarrar, Dylan, Lee, sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandfather. His fishing knowledge has been passed on to you three great guys, good luck with the tournament, with your third Partner always with you, I like your changes. Jack.

redman
    Marion Iowa

Jarrad Sorry to hear of your grandpa passing away! I know will be missed but not forgotten!

Redman

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

My condolences to you and your family Jarrad.

Crossin’

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Jarrad, Dylan, Lee, Sorry for your loss your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

honest_john
    Twin Cities, Minn.

Sorry for your loss.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Jarrad from the brief time I spent with you and your family I feel confident that Granpa is very happy with his work in the vineyard…and what he passed along through the sons and grandsons. God Bless him and strengthen you during this time of grief

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

Cogratulations, It sounds like you have had the privelage to have known a very awsome person/fisherman that has passed on something to you and your brothers that is very special!! Knowledge, desire, and wisdom!! Sounds like he was lucky as well!!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

My condolences as well Jared and family.

fireflick
    Alma WI

Thanks for all the emails, prayers and support. This is one great family. My granfather did mention, before he passed, that he would save us a spot for us on the river bank up above. Then smiled. Thanks again we all appreciated the thoughts and prayers. See you on the river again soon.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Sorry to hear about this Jarrad. He is in calm waters and sticking plenty of fish now is my guess.
    God Bless!

BigFish4
    SE Minn.

Jared and family:
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Keep the tradition happening, I know you will. There will be plenty more memories in your boat to carry on I am sure, just like he did!
    Take Care

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.