Pool #9?

• Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I have some friends coming up in two weeks and they are wondering how the fishing has been around Pool #9? They are also wondering if there is much grass or debris flowing downriver again like it has in the past. I know I noticed some on Pool 5A last weekend.

I don’t get down that way myself very much so any help would be great.

sallie

We have been catching saugers in the back channels in about 16 to 20 foot of water. A couple of days ago I got a 24inch walleye on the first drift which I released. Thought we might really get into to some but that was the only one. Caught some small ones only .
    Been using hair jigs and minnows. I haven’t had any problem with grass but there are a lot of leaves. leaves.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Sal,

Thanks for the reply. I will pass this info along and try to get a report from the guys coming up next weekend to post back here.

Good luck.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

I was out Friday. And the grass has just started coming.
    Went to PDC on Sat. On upper side of the locks it looked like an Island with the floating grass. And from there on there BIG patches floating.

BobB
    Dodgeville, Wisconsin

Anyone been out lately?? Fish, grass, leaves, anything positive to report ??

sallie

Was out last Monday. It was pretty slow that day for us. We were around the Blackhawk Park area. We ended up with 4 sauger. Only caught 1 small walleye. There was some grass but it didn’t bother to much. From what I hear the bite is better early and late. Good Luck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.