Jointed Shad Raps?

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

So I walk into Galyan’s yesterday, just some leisurely scanning for any good buys when I spot some new Rapalas………………Jointed Shad Raps. I bought one because they were priced about the same as any other SR models but haven’t tried it out yet. Wondering if anyone out there has? They’re designed just like the Rattlin’ Suspending shad rap, with the same color patterns, and do have a rattle in them. However, there’s no indicator that these suspend and the box says it dives 6-8′.

I bought the craw pattern, size 5

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I haven’t picked any up yet, probably this week. I’m guessing they run about half as deep as the traditional number 5?? I’ll let you know at the get together because I’m sure I’ll have tried on by then.

nubbinbuck

Maybe you should have had these on Fri. night….

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ya, Ya, Ya……… I’ll show you guys on Saturday. I was just pre-fishing and now I know where not to fish….LOL!!!!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

That’s a tip guys…………….don’t follow waterfowler!! LOL! Maybe your pre-fishing was good for us too! :O) Ha HAAA!!

(There…………….that oughta curse me good enough to not win either!)

See ya Saturday!

urbanrivers

I tried the crayfish colored ones earlier tonight up by the Ford Dam. Caught several nice smallies, 14- 15 in, with them. I think they run just about as deep as the 5’s and they show alot of action in the retrieve I think they will be productive for smallies. I don’t know how they will be for walleye though.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Thanks for that input……………were you just crankin’, trolling, stop and go…………….how many techniques did you try with it?

nubbinbuck

When were you up there? I was there in a Sylvan around 5-7pm. Got 3 ‘eyes by the creek.

urbanrivers

I was up there about 5:50 through about 9:00. I run that Nitro 185FS. We caught the smallies using the jointed shad raps with a slow roll in shallow water, as well as a stop and go when I would bang it hard against some of the bigger rocks up around the lock.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.