fish locators

• pbitschura

Shopping for a new locator . Eagle fish easy 2 or Lowrance x-51. pixels and power are the same but the x-51 has a built in flasher. Feedback? Pete

tazbbassin
    Des Moines, Iowa

WAIT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Lowrance is going to change things up again for 2003. My best bet would be to see what’s “NEW” for 2003 then make take your pick. I did that once and saved almost $50.00 !!!!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Before you do anything, look into the Garmin 240. Awesome people to work with, and they offer a great product for the money!
    Tuck

pbitschura

I’ve heard refresh rate on the Garmins is slow.? As for 2003 I’ve always been a little reluctant to play guinea pig for new technology. Any inside heads up? Maybe I should wait till spring. Pete

BretN

I’ve got the fish easy 2 and can’t say enough good things about it for a $130 locator. The detail is great @ 240 vertical pixels by 160 horizontal. Also, I seldom lose signal at speed, which was a problem w/ my old one. I thought it would be nice to have the X-51 with the built in memory so that it always comes back to your customized settings. But the Fish Easy 2 in standard format is just about exactly how I’d set it up anyway (fish id off, it has auto sensitivity adjust that actually works, so I find that I don’t really monkey w/ that anymore either). All in all a great unit for anyone on a budget or a second locator. Hope this helps. bret

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Actually, James and I got a tutorial from Chris Cintron of Garmin at the RCL Championship. Garmin has addressed this issue, and has sped the refresh rate up substantially! It is quicker now than on any units we have seen from Lowrance. On the mapping units, if you curor off the screen, BOOM! It updates faster than you can push the cursor! Try one at Gander Mountain, or Cabela’s and see what I mean…
    Tuck

o.m.f.t.
    Rochester Minn

I also bought the fish easy 2 and have been very happy with it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Lifes to short to fish with dead minnows! Jim

pbitschura

picked up an x-51 today. I was sold on the active flasher. The guy at Gander Mountain did dispell the reports of slow refresh rates on the Garmin 240. It was just a little more money than I was willing to spend. The guys over there are knowlegable and a great help. Let’s see now if I can find fish with all the $%%%$ coming down river. Thanks too for your input.Pete

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.