Trempealeau Landing

• bear
    Trempealeau

Just to let people know that the Trempealeau landing is closed for rennovations. It should be closed for about 3 weeks.

Troy

freitag
    Osseo, WI

Bear, is the marina landing still open? And do they charge a fee?

bear
    Trempealeau

The marina landing is open. They say they charge a fee but that has always been a question.

jnabben

Is anything biting around trempealeau right now Bear?

jnabben

How soon is it going to be open again?

freitag
    Osseo, WI

My son and I put my 1850 fishhawk in at the accessory landing Sat eve. Very shallow bar approx. 30 yds out but were able to clear it if we stayed on the far right. Trolled sand flats off of channel with only 1 small eye. Otherwise, engineering barges still there. Also curious about when they’ll be done.

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

Glad to hear new work to be done on the launch ramp. The sand in front of the launch seems to have been a problem that I can remember for 35 years. The barges push it right in the opening.

jnabben

Is the ramp still closed and will be it open before the weekend?

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Still closed as of today, and it doesn’t look like it will be ready anytime soon. The parking lot has a mound of dirt and sand that is ~18ft high and fills have the parking lot… wonder where they will be putting all of it.

I drive up nearly every week, I will post when I see it open up, but I would not count on it anytime soon…

jnabben

Any chance that the landing will be open by the weekend? Is it possible to use that little landing just down river from the main landing?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I just drove by there today. The main landing will not be ready for awhile, but they do have an alternate ramp right by the regular landing. Ther was a decent sized Lund putting in there when I went by today as well as a flat bottom. The temporary landing is in the sdame parking lot, basically straight ahead when you pull into the parking lot.

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Not even close… Not sure what they are doing, the ramp they are pouring with concrete is 6-8 FEET higher than the parking lot… I think they are making it high-water accessible, but it will be weird, potentially. I am interested to see how it all develops. Pretty impressive pile of sand still sitting there….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.