St Croix River

• jig_n_pig
    Balsam Lake Wisc.

Can anyone give me the straight dope on the St Croix River no wake status? While crossing the I-94 bridge at Hudson tonight on the way home, I saw 2 boats up on plane. Last I knew it was still no wake.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I don’t know about dope but here’s my take. The water level was lower when the no wake was implemented than what it was this morning. The assumption is that it’s still on. If it’s been lifted, the no wake signs at the launches will be gone by Saturday morning. The flip side, if everyone else is doing it while the patrols are on the water, then it must be okay. The Croix is so HUGE with recreation that I guarantee, the signs will be gone by Saturday if the ban has been lifted.

jig_n_pig
    Balsam Lake Wisc.

I guess i’m just a selfish fisherman, but I was hoping the Croix would be closed over the 4th. I know we are all missing out on some good fishing. Idling several miles to favorite spots may not be what we want to do but it beats not fishing at all because of the big power boats on the weekends.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I went out last Saturday afternoon and the boat traffic was STILL nuts! Everybody just chugging around! It still had that mentality of “move cuz I’m bigger”. Closed for the 4th would be AWESOME but I prefer to be more selfish and vote for an All Summer Closure due to fishing! LOL! Where’s my heaven eh? You on the water Sat. morning? Maybe DaveB. and I can give a wave?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.