Pool borders

• haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

I know many of the “Pools” that are talked about but can someone list all the pools, where they start and end (town or other land mark) so all of us know the whats and wheres of the Mississippi pools.

Edited by Haywood04 on 06/28/01 03:49 PM.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

ok… I will take some of the upper ones…. first there are dams on the Miss at Brainerd, St Cloud, and Coon Rapids… and it seems perhaps one other place… but I cant recall… somewhere between st cloud and coon rapids?

then, there are 3 dams within about a half mile, in downtown Mnpls.. Pool 1 starts after the 3 dam there……

Pool 1, starts below the dam just above where 35W comes into Mnpls and ends at the Ford dam

Pool 2 , Starts at the Ford dam and goes to the hastings dam

Pool 3, starts at the hastings dam and runs to the redwing dam.

pool 4 starts at the redwing dam and runs to the Alma dam…

Pool 5 starts at the Alma dam.. and ends at.. hmmm heres where I get a bit fuzzy… so I will allow someone to fill in from here…. though I have fished on most of the pools south…. its a bit out of my current stomping grounds…

Anonymous

I wish I had 100 bucks for everytime someone asked for that.

James will be working on a graphic that shows all the pools and locations as soon as he gets some down time from guiding.

Steve HougomFTR Webstaff

Edited by hougie on 06/28/01 02:42 PM.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

So we should expect it in Dec? Just kidding James. I know guiding is where your bread is buttered.

keep up the good work

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The MN DNR has a FREE publication that shows all the pools down to the Iowa border. Ask for the Mississippi River Guide.

J.

jig_n_pig
    Balsam Lake Wisc.

You are right so far. Pool 5 starts at Alma and ends at Minnesota city ( Bass Camp). Pool 5A starts at Minnesota City and ends at Winona. Pool 6 starts at Winona and ends at Trempleau. Pool 7 starts at Trempleau and ends at Dresbach. Pool 8 starts at Dresbach and ends at Genoa. Pool 9 starts at Genoa and ends at Lansing. That’s as far as I’ve been.

walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

Hello, I never hear anything about pool 6. All the talk is always about the other pools. Is the walleye fishing very good down there or it it more of a Bass pool? Thanks.

Anonymous

Funny you should ask! Pool 6 is a very fine walleye pool. Its just for some reason we cannot get any info from winona. There is a local walleye tournament held every July down there that I fish and good weights have always come from pool 6.

The only two winona people I know that visit are Haywood04 and MrWallleye.

Steve HougomFTR Webstaff

SetTheHook
    Iowa

Continuing south from there … Pool 10 starts at Lynxville, Wis., and ends at Guttenberg, Iowa … Pool 11 starts at Guttenberg and ends at Dubuque. Pool 12 starts at Dubuque and ends at Bellevue, IA … Pool 13 starts at Bellevue, IA and ends at Clinton, IA … Pool 14 starts at Clinton and ends at LeClaire

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Oh I don’t think we’ll have to wait until December! It definitely needs to be done for all the areas we cover, not just the Mississippi River. Its one of those things that is at the top of the list and should make for an even more user friendly site.

Soon…

James Holst

Moving Waters Guide Service

http://www.movingwaters.net

fishsqzr

The Iowa DNR has individual Pool maps available (FREE) pools 9 through 18. Simply call or stop in at the DNR stations in Guttenberg, Bellevue, or Fairport and pick up a set.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.