When does Silver/White Bass start up?

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

I’ve always heard about great topwater Silver or White Bass fishing on the Mississippi Pools 2-5. When do they really get going and what type of areas should I start looking for them in? Topwaters, Rapulas?

redrnger

I have always found them in eddies or the seams of rivers currents and you can catch them using about everything in the smaller sizes.Rooster tails,small jigs-minnows-rapalas-three ways pulling flies.Experiment with different baits but if there in the area you will useually catch them on 1 of them.

BBKK
    IA

Mid may. Smallest skitter pop and skitter walk, and the rebel teeny pop-r. I also had great success with the cabelas walking dawg in 3.5″. Its a bigger lure than the others but got some explosive strikes last summer.

Anywhere there is current seams and back eddies. Look for shiners on the water.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Mid September. Find the fish and throw anything that looks like a minnow, including an old shoe, they’ll hit it as long as it’s white.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Have my best luck in high water on outside bends casting plastics. Usually pretty shallow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.