Where to fish on Miss. River near St. Paul

• mac5

I am in Mnpls/St. Paul visiting relatives and would like to take my nephew fishing on the Mississippi River. Anyone have advice on where to go and what to use. It doesn’t really matter if it is bobber fishing for panfish, casting for bass or jigging for walleye. With a kid it’s just nice to catch something. I have a WI lisc. so somewhere on the river would be good where you can fish offshore.

KTERSINAR
    marion IA

My sister lives there and i have had good luck fishing lake whitebear lots of pan fish and also bald eagle!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

There are lots of parks along the river as it goes thru the cities. Any one of these parks will most likely have good spots to shore fish.
    As far as what to use. A hook and sinker setting on the bottom with a worm on it will catch you something. You could also try corn or just about anything.
    What part of town are you in? I might be able to point you in the dirrection of a park near there.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

WI. FISING LICENSE !!!

Make sure your standing on Wisconsin soil unless you get yourself a Minnesota fishing license…

mac5

I believe on can stand the bank on either side of the Mississippi River between the railroad tracks with a WI lisc. Someone else recommended by the bridge in Stillwater, MN. It’s about 1/2 hr. drive from their house in Bloomington. Thanks all for your help! Any more hot spots?

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

In Hudson, there is a long point in the no wake zone that narrows the river down and give it a nice bit of current. Nice bottom fishing there at the end of the point.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

I believe on can stand the bank on either side of the Mississippi River between the railroad tracks with a WI lisc. Someone else recommended by the bridge in Stillwater, MN. It’s about 1/2 hr. drive from their house in Bloomington. Thanks all for your help! Any more hot spots?

DAREDEVIL..THAT IS ABSOLUTLY CORRECT !!

I guess what I was thinking and what I was typing wasn’t the same thing…You need to make sure that Wisconsin borders the Mississippi on one side and then you can stay between the RR Tracks…

Good Luck up there !!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.