P3 Sturgeon Lake landing status

• Snap

Water to the top of the ramp this morning not too bad but dock floating in the middle of the landing will challenge your boating skills. Zip for bites trying everything. No idea how to fish lower P3 in high, dirty water.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I went by TI Friday and the landing was unusable without waders or possibly two people if a guy could figure out where the launch was.

Although I now have river front…er edge property leased at Everts, the (use to be) steep ramp is still in good shape.

PS look for cleaner back water areas….

Snap

Thanks BK. I did spend some time in the a few of the usual lower P3 backwaters. All pretty murky. One such place, lets call it Bison Swamp , has a 3+ mph current in it. Tried shoreline crankin and pitchin through seams in the main channel and even the tried and true sinker, red float, hook, & fathead below a couple islands but nada. Left em for another day is what I say.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I don’t know the area of which you speak.

I know with this water a person can hardly see a wing dam much less fish it.

Oh, that swamp is where I normally go when the main channel slows to a crawl. Seems like good current there all year. It’s got to me smoking there now.

From what I heard of the Bluff’s couples tourney this last weekend there were lots of eater size fish caught in the lake and the winner had one larger fish along with a smaller one to take home the cake.

There were a few that fished three with very little or no success.

Saturday the river will be dropping like someone pulled the plug in the bathtub. Hopefully we’ll see some improvement all around.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.