Prescott

• happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Anyone have an idea how the spring thaw is progressing around there? Thanks!

Ryan

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks Justin…any signs of other life around there?

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

I will post a report next week when I’m back from fishing in Alabama

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

I will post a report next week when I’m back from fishing in Alabama

How’s it going out there?

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Just got to Alabama, New Orleans is a crazy town ,will have rods rigged and fishing soon

lectrick

Me and a friend put in there last night. Ran into a couple other boats, marked a few large fish.

Dale Rueber
    Red Wing, MN

One item to remember when fishing the Prescott area is you have 3 different sets of rules to follow depending on your location.
    1. Mississippi (Pool 3) border water rules apply fom the confluence of the Mississippi and St. Croix down river. Walleye open year round.
    2. St. Croix border water rules apply from the confluence up the St. Croix. Walleye opens May 4th.
    3. Inland Minnesota rules apply from the confluence up the Mississippi (Pool 3). Walleye opens May 11th.

Make sure you know where you are to avoid getting a ticket.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

One item to remember when fishing the Prescott area is you have 3 different sets of rules to follow depending on your location.

1. Mississippi (Pool 3) border water rules apply fom the confluence of the Mississippi and St. Croix down river. Walleye open year round.

2. St. Croix border water rules apply from the confluence up the St. Croix. Walleye opens May 4th.

3. Inland Minnesota rules apply from the confluence up the Mississippi (Pool 3). Walleye opens May 11th.

Make sure you know where you are to avoid getting a ticket.

Getting a ticket in Prescott in April would be pretty difficult seeing as how they dont patrol it. Oh I’m sure its happened but I’m not young and I have never seen law there or on the Croix before opener or at least very nice weather. Its one of my pet peeves. They leave the river wide open to poacher types that PURSUE out of season fish.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.