Need help on fishin Osakis

• Hookman

Can some one out their help me with a report on the fishing at LAKE OSAKIS..going up for the second week of July..Need some help, as too what will be the best way to fish for walleye’s this late in the season..Thanks HOOKMAN

awes1403
    Iowa

Was to Osakis several years back, Extremely hot while there,90 or so. Used slip bobbers for really deep walleyes. 20-23 ft deep. Usually caught bigger ones right before dark.

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Osakis is a lake with many different patterns that work. The one that got us Big fish 2 summers ago was light bottom bouncer and crawler. Look at hotspots map and find the narrows. and look for the big marks on the bottom, probably 25-30ft deep as I remember. Make sure you put out a marker cause the fish seem to congregate in small pods. We were moving very slow. The perch will drive you nuts at first until you figure out the difference in their bite and the eyes bite, but trust me you want those little perch there. Also if you look north from the narrows a ways you will see some prominent humps up where the lake turns. If there is is room to fish there you can get some nice keepers. Another team thought it would be neat to anchor right beside or marker bouy and II can tell you they were slipbobering leeches and catching fish. The guys in the bait shop just up from the city landing are very helpful, and so are the folks in the bait shop up on the corner of mainstreet.

Lawrence

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.