Did all the fish in upper pool 2 move to pool 4

• bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

i just got back from pool2 upper that is and couldn’t catch a cold, we trolled inside- outside fished breaks with ringies and the dam. And yes even live bait. Ok Guys of Pool 2 give me some Help. Dave B. Jon J. & Dino and let us not forget the master himself Dee Zee upper pool2 isn’t working for me at all

Thanks Brad

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Brad,

I have not been out on P2 in a couple weeks. I was headed out tonight, but a series of events got me sidetracked and I never got out.

I’ll be on Pool 3 the next 2 weekends, but will probably hit 2 next week Tues or Weds. I will be concentrating on the lower end out of 494. Will post a report then.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I have found that the trolling bite usually starts picking up in mid March and is best in June. Then it slowly tapers off all summer and Oct/Nov it is time to look for other presentations.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Brad,

I have not been out for a few weeks on Pool 2 now due to fishing/guiding elsewhere on the river.
    I cannot comment on the bite at all other than things were darn tough for my boat on the upper part the last couple of trips out (April 9th and 10th). I am off to Sioux Falls, SD for a couple seminars this weekend, so I am planning to get on Pool 2 tomorrow or early next week. My plan of attack is very similair to Jon J’s about heading south. I have a buddy that has been on and off the crank bite way south in the backwaters. He has not been pulling any bait down that way, but I got a hunch that could be the ticket in these areas. Basically my plan is to fish backwater cuts that have a bit of flow on them and concentrate on the current seam areas first with cranks and then with bait (3-ways or long lining, leeches or crawlers).
    I will be starting shallow (4-7 foot) and working deeper as needed.
    I will report back when I get off the water.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.