Water level @ Pepin

• cshurtleff
    Northeast Iowa

Just wanted to know how the water level was in the Lake City Area. Will be up there on Friday.
    Thanks
    Chad

Beaver E

I am kinda wondering to. How high is it now?? I was going to move the camper back in the campgrounds but with this rain that is going on up north makes me kinda nerves. How much water is going to be coming down?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Doesn’t look like much now, but it’s going to be updated tomorrow and that will tell the tail a little better.

shockers
    Rochester

My son and I went out of HokSiLa Tuesday evening for a couple hours and we had no problems at all. No debris that I saw and while water is up a bit, was easy to launch/load. Just one dock was in, but not a big deal.

scott-k
    Red Wing

I agree with Shockers. We cruised downlake from Hok-si-la to Maple Springs and saw no debris. Landings are great. Fishing is great.

Rick Streiff
    Rochester, MN

I can tell you this much that all probably changed after last night But i’ll still be out

shockers
    Rochester

Yeah, all probably moot after last night’s storm. Give a report on the water levels/debris when you get back. I’d sure be curious.

Beaver E

Briank, Did that chart update on its own?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That has gone up from earlier this morning Brian.

Rick Streiff
    Rochester, MN

Well the water was a dirty today not too much floating around besides a huge channel cat and about an 8lb walleye not sure what got them but they were kinda narsty lookin. The fish are still biting though

shockers
    Rochester

My son and I made it out yesterday (Sunday) morning for a few hours around Lake City. While the water didn’t seem to be up much more than before, it was definitely dirtier. Like fishing in chocolate milk. And lots of debris – mostly smaller pieces, but a few bigger ones, too. Didn’t have much luck. But nice day on the water.

chirp
    Rochester

Was out today with my son. Water was like mud. Lots of debris in the water. Some very big stuff, saw some full trees floating. Fishing was for the most part very slow for us. Few northerns,couple smallies and a sheephead for about 5 hours fishing. Warm day out there. Heading for Mille Lac tomorrow. Sounds like the weather is going to be wet up there too. When will it stop.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.