No wake zones by Red Wing??

• mikemac10
    Eau Claire, WI

So Im not that familiar with the upper end of pool 4, where are the no wake zones at anyways, what about the wisconsin channel, are there no wake zones there and is the water high enough to run over the sand or how difficult is it to run right now? Thanks.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

North going South, there’s a no wake zone at the lock, at Red Wing and at Coville Park.

As far as the back channel, it’s free of no wake zones, but since I haven’t been down there since Memorial Day, I’m not going to comment.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

North going South, there’s a no wake zone at the lock, at Red Wing and at Coville Park.

As far as the back channel, it’s free of no wake zones, but since I haven’t been down there since Memorial Day, I’m not going to comment.

There’s a short “no wake” on the Wisconsin channel from the bride upstream past Mr. Sippi’s Bar.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

is the water high enough to run over the sand or how difficult is it to run right now? Thanks.

There’s more than enough water to get through… if you know were you’re going. As always, if you haven’t run it in awhile go slow the first time through.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.