pool 5, West Newton Landing

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Does anyone know if the new West Newton landing is open or if the corps of engineers still has it tied up?

tight_lines
    SE Minnesota

I used it and spent a night camping on the river over a month ago. Had no problems with anything getting in or out.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Thanks!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

There aren’t any fish in Pool 5. They are only in the even numbered ones… like 2 & 4

whistling

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

There aren’t any fish in Pool 5. They are only in the even numbered ones… like 2 & 4

whistling

That’s what I was thinking. No competition then. I think I’ll give it a go to try and catch the no fish. Thanks!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

whistling

I could spend a decade on pool4 and still learn new things each time. 5 is mostly backwaters and I pucker up every time flying down some of those cuts just praying I don’t clip a stump! Probably a hoot July thru September but I hibernate those months.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

whistling

Tom you like a challenge! devil

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

In all honesty, I think there’s more easily accessible panfish spots on 5 than 4. Some of the community spots on Pool 4 get destroyed in Winter. Many people disagree with me, but that’s fine too. There’s a lot of ice fishing on Pool 5 where you can nail the fish and rarely have someone anywhere near you.

I’m not a bass guy at all, but when tournaments run out of Wabasha there’s plenty of boats that lock through to 5 and do very well.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Launched there at 2 today fished till 8 only seen three other boats and two barges fishing was decent caught 7 different species of fish crappies were going right off a deep shore lots of logs but deep drop 14 ft trolling rapalas close to shore produced everything else ,definitely a top ten weather day to be fishing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.