Pool 4 Water Level >4'

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s been a while since P4 has been down to less then 4′.

Well, I paid more attention to the feet above sea level at Lock and Dam #3 then I did to the stage in Red Wing while guiding…but still, in the last 3 years I don’t recall it getting to the below 4′ mark. Sunday the forecast said 2.8′ for next weekend. We took a little jump today and it’s forecast to be 3.7′ by next weekend.

RRR took the back channel sandbar at 40 mph Saturday. His skag is polished.
    Going up the back side with a pontoon and 13 people on Saturday I elected to turn around.

I think there will be a lot of props to be repaired from folks going in the same places they have become use to over the last 2-3 years.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I was in the race track Saturday. was actually surprised how deep it was. I’m assuming last year’s high water swept it… but I don’t spend enough time to really know. Though the Wisconsin back channel downstream of launch is pretty low. I rarely run the other channel- that one is pretty wide and shallow.

I saw the same forecast as you and noticed a quick drop coming which I found surprising.

Vermillion is barely flowing.

tight_lines
    SE Minnesota

I need to make a point of getting behind someone going through the back channel. I was too cautious to try about a month ago. I’m gun shy ever since I was with a friend who found a sand bar and I had to get out and push the boat off it in about 40 degree water. Not to mention the impeller got gunked up and we had to limp back for hours alternating TM and motor at idle. I suppose its a little different every year anyway with the spring flooding. Oh well.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m gun shy ever since I was with a friend who found a sand bar

Everyone finds the sandbar by the high lines!

If your skeg isn’t broken off or at least polished to a pretty brushed aluminum, you can’t be considered a true P4 fisherman.
    (Ps my skeg looks like new)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.