Pool 4 Walleyes

• Jason Merritt

I fish Pool 4 a lot and was just curious as to why the walleyes are so oily after filleting them and soaking them in water/salt brine. I assume its do to the forage that’s available?

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

Probably throw them back in warm water months.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

interesting…..i only fish and sometimes keep eyes in the spring and fall and never noticed that.

stevenoak

I’ve heard people say saugers have a different taste, due to foraging on sheepshead. I usually only eat river eyes under 18″ in colder water. Lucky to have spring fed coal mines to take a few fish for eating.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ve heard people say saugers have a different taste, due to foraging on sheepshead. I usually only eat river eyes under 18″ in colder water. Lucky to have spring fed coal mines to take a few fish for eating.

I’ve lived on the river most of my life, and can truthfully say I’ve never heard that – nor could I tell a sauger from a walleye that is baked, fried, or grilled the same way.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

The fish in Pool 4 are all pre-cooked due to the nuclear warm water discharge. If you turn the lights off they also glow in the dark.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

and can truthfully say I’ve never heard that – nor could I tell a sauger from a walleye that is baked, fried, or grilled the same way.

Well I agree. But then my FGD told me that your taste buds are replaced every 7 years so things might taste different today then 7 years ago.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

The fish in Pool 4 are all pre-cooked

Kinda reminds me of why I like Spam.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Kinda reminds me of why I like Spam.

And why exactly does SPAM keep forever? Same process from the Nuke plant…. rotflol rotflol rotflol

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

And salt

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.