Pool 4 Walleye

• KKoz

I am new to fishing the river and was wondering if anyone could advise me of when I can get out on pool 4. I would like to beat the major traffic but I also would prefer not to bang up my new boat. Also any advise would be appreciated.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

No traffic there now. Call everts resort. Or check Wisconsin back channel launch to see if it’s open. I’m sure somebody here has been out?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I bet there will be plenty of boat traffic this weekend.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

I would suggest getting a guide if you’re new to the river. Denver McKinnon and Marty Hahn.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I would suggest getting a guide if you’re new to the river. Denver McKinnon and Marty Hahn.

Agreed. It can be a humbling experience with a fairly steep learning curve. These guys can get you on fish and teach you a ton in a hurry. Watch everything they do including equipment they use, boat control, safe navigation, etc.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Been to pool 4 out of everts a few times in the last week. Bunch of boats out today, its pretty easy to avoid crowds by not fishing community holes (obviously) if thats your goal. Should be able to catch fish slowly dragging jigs and plastics along a shoreline break. Much slower today than it was last weekend. Just make sure know how to identify a wingdam, they can really get ya this time of the year. Been much better after dark for us. Heres a few we pulled last weekend. All fish were caught on plastics either purple or blue.

Attachments:
    1. 85578807-E7DC-473A-9ED8-818BAC9AABE6.jpg

2. A571510E-D700-4EDE-833A-41D08F4BC2CF-2.jpg

KKoz

Thank you
    I appreciate the info, Picking up the boat today and getting it ready should be able to give it a try within the next few days. Probably wont go out over the weekend to avoid the crowds.
    Any advise is appreciated. Love the pictures

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

New boat? New to the river?

KKoz

Got a new boat last year been trying fishing the river on my own without a lot of luck. Got to know the area (mostly around point no point and maiden rock) and really enjoy being over there. Had someone come out with me and teach me about the wing dams and hazards. Just need a little help learning how to fish a river its a little different than the smaller lakes I was fishing.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Do you know what the cans are ? Have you only been on pepin or have you run the rest of the river ?

KKoz

been from the dam to Wabasha. I know where the cans are.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

50-60 degrees this weekend………….the S is going to hit the F. get those bumpers on those new boats!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.