Pool 4 Rainy day on 4/14 – Tips

• mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I have fished the river a few times each the last 3 years and did fairly good a couple days last week, but certainly still VERY new to it. I am going to be heading there on Friday for the day, and the weather looks like it might be a little wet all day, as well as the days leading up to it. What should I know about fishing in the rain for the day? Does water clarity go bad pretty quick? Any certain colors that seem to stand out more on rainy and overcast days? When you’ve got a Good Friday Holiday at work, the wife still works, and daycare is still open, you’ve gotta fish regardless of what the weather does!

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Blades and plastics worked for me today. Bright color paddle tails and purple, pink, chartreuse blades. Current brakes and stay away from the crowds. Water might rise slightly with this rain so the walleyes might change patterns slightly and even more if rollers go up. Guessing it will fish close to the same as today unless we get a monsoon.

BP
    Hudson, WI

I fished it today too and agree with Jeff. Keep moving and stay away from the crowds. We did much better away from the dam and crowds.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.