Pool 4 clarity

• 617vs

Anyone care to share what shape pool 4 is in as far as water clarity? Just wondering if it’s dirty and if there’s been a mayfly hatch. Thanks!

shockers
    Rochester

Definitely mayflies as of Sunday. Clarity fair. But not sure lately

Ross Gunderson

Anyone out on pepin yesterday? Any clarity update? Thanks guys.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

25 cm’s in Red Wing Sunday on the main channel. (9.84252)

I didn’t see any “more” mayflies last night in Red Wing, but that doesn’t mean the lake didn’t have a hatch.

Chad

The lake had another hatch on Wednesday. Haven’t been down since.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I don’t want to call it a “dead sea”, but it wasn’t far from that for my boat today or the two other boats out teaming up with us.

There’s quite a few mats of dead mayflies floating down through the lake. We also marked countless schools of shad that could be seen over the side of the boat. We marked quite a few saugers and eyes on typical flats and secondary breaks in 16-20′, but getting them to commit to our offerings was tough with the conveyor of food available.

I love Pool 4 fishing, but to me it’s officially the “dog days of summer” for walleyes and saugers. Today was my worst outing of the year and it wasn’t even close. I think current areas away from the lake are going to be the best bet until we turn the corner and water temps drop 5-10 degrees. Wingdams are becoming more fishable with the flow dropping rapidly. It’s not my favorite way to fish, but I might have to swallow my pride and do it to stay on fish.

shockers
    Rochester

I’m taking a break from eyes.

Found a few nice crappie today. Though even those were slow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.