Pool 4 (5/7)

• shockers
    Rochester

Figured I’d post a short update. Haven’t seen many Pool 4 updates lately.

Launched yesterday (Sunday) out of Hoksila and tried all over, MN and Wis sides. North and south.

Pretty slow overall. Managed a nice walleye and perch, and many smaller walleye. Mostly live bait rigging with crawlers and/or minnow. Had tried cranks earlier without much luck. Lots of logs etc. in the water, so be careful if you’re out. Water clarity is actually pretty good I thought.

Water temp ranged from 55 to 62.

Good luck

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I don’t have the details of where or how the winners of the AIM Walleye Tourny caught their fish…but

38 pounds won
    Third place was good ol Dean Marshall’s boat with 29 pound.

Heard rumblings of crawlers taking fish but I don’t have any proof fo that.

The Head of the Lake (can) line was looking like the dam area in March on Saturday along with the fourth cut area.

Thanks for posting the updates Shocker!

The flow was at 60K cfs yesterday. Fast water.
    Wear your PFD and best of going out in pairs. If you happen to fall in, you will be separated from your boat in no time. Water in the 50’s will take it’s toll.

Here’s a couple shots from the Lowrance G3 radar. The red dots are boats in the can line area on Saturrday.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1484.jpg

2. IMG_1481.jpg

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Yesterdays tournament was tough for us. Leaders won with 38lbs. And alot of guys also with good bags in the 20’s.

Backwaters with live bait rigs seemed to produce. Big creek 4-6″ chubs. I heard of some getting them on crawlers and also some pulling leadcore and doing well.

3-3 1/4oz weights were needed.

Sounded like backwaters were the ticket and other community spots were good as well.

I heard mention and warning to all of us tournament anglers that someone passed the lock up and went over the rollers as the water was high enough. I personally think it is plain stupid and dangerous.

I would also like to mention that yes a PFD should be worn in that fast current. I came the closest in my life of going over washing my hands. Luckily my dad grabbed the back of my jacket.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Hey, bet I was that red dot on the point of Presbyterian!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I heard mention and warning to all of us tournament anglers that someone passed the lock up and went over the rollers as the water was high enough. I personally think it is plain stupid and dangerous.

Thanks Chris,

I’ve been on top of those rollers. If there was a log under water (it does happen) that caught the skag we would be reading about it in the paper.

This is a narrow dam. Fast water and stuff happens fast in fast water!

Doc I won’t take that bet…it was you. )

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

someone also launched their partner during take off in the Island Invite as well on Saturday it sounds like

eyeguy507
    SE MN

where do you find the results for the aim tourney. It isn’t on their homepage unless I have to sell my soul to snapface which isn’t worth me knowing anyway. thanks in advance.

One

My sunday was ready good. Lake city area.!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6543.jpg

2. IMG_6542.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

@one where you long lining sticks or pulling crawlers?

One

I used crank bait.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.