Pool 4 11/6 thru 11/10

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Wrapping up a chilly week Walleye fishing on the upper Mississippi River on Pool 4.. Staying at Everts Resort for the 60th time. Never gets old…even after almost 20 years.
    We did very well in some tough conditions. We ended up catching our limits of keepers while releasing several larger fish.
    Mon/Tues were slow…fish were scattered, but we did OK on Blades…some on smaller plastics. Water temp 42
    Wed the Sun emerged and the bite really improved…my partner continued blades while I pitched Ringworms early for limited success. Moved deeper (15-17 fow) and threw 3/8-1/2 oz hair jigs (no meat) and it was SHOWTIME!Seven walleyes in a row from 16′ to 24″…We kept six in our target length of 17-18″. Also put together a fish fry and those fish were awesome!
    Thurs/Fri…BRUTAL WEATHER! We went out from 9-4 PM and managed about 10 each day…my partner Larry scored a 26.25 that weighed 7.33 lbs (hair jig). One of our group, Pete, had honors with a 27 that weighed 8.2 lbs on an Oyster-shell Moxie.
    Deer hair jigs, plastics were most productive in Chart, Purple and natural colors. Blade baits were most productive in silver and purple.
    6’8 MXF 6’10 MLXF spinning rods were effective. We caught 80% Walleye over Sauger. The Dam flow increased all week, we had to adjust our depths and jig weights. Anywhere from 12- 17 fow.
    #alxrods Diplomat and St Croix custom rods were used.

Attachments:
    1. FullSizeR.jpg

2. IMG_2082.jpg

3. IMG_2078.jpg

4. FullSizeR1.jpg

5. IMG_2075.jpg

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Nice fish and great reports. We were out yesterday and it seemed like once you found the pods of fish it was game on. I’d like to get out again but if this is the last time it was a good way to close the year.

Nothing really on blades but we didn’t try very hard. Plastics – mainly moxies – produced very well. Hair and meat, jig and minnow, miller rigs with small plastics all worked. My guess is anything would have worked on the fish we found. The real key was where the current seam was. Find an edge and then let the bait settle into a pocket and you’d catch fish. Had guys right next to us in the fast current and they couldn’t buy a bite.

We were a bit deeper – 20 to 25′ is where we caught our fish.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Right on Matt! Current seams are the key…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Glad you had another great trip Tom!

Where’s the “food I missed” pictures?!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Great report!! Thanks for sharing. toast

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Great report Tom and nice fish pictures. waytogo waytogo

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Tom
    As usual we thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you on your next go ’round. The bite seems to just continue to get better.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.