Pool 3 marina

• SoDakangler

I’m going to be living in Hastings this summer and was thinking about renting a slip at a nearby marina. Does anyone have any experience with any of the places around Hastings/Prescott? Kings cove looks like a great location but the google reviews are not great. Any insight on any places would be much appreciated!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ve heard good things about Hubs.

What size boat?

SoDakangler

20 footer. I will give hubs a call. That would be super convenient for me if they have space. Have you heard anything about the ones up the st croix in Afton area?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I have checked into them a year or so ago, but I was looking at a slip that could handle a 40′.

Windmill Marina was at $6k per year.

Check with Leo’s landing in Prescott. More then likely they are full but a person never knows.
    There’s on in the corner of Prescott bay on the St Croix, that would be a good one to check in on… I just don’t recall it’s name.

Is Red Wing out of the question?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Almost forgot about Hastings Marina. Just down stream of the bridge. Great little harbor…but that’s about all I know about it.

hillhiker
    SE MN

Tough area to find slips. I know my cousin ended up getting a slip at Kings Cove for his Alumacraft because everyone was full, and most had waiting lists around Hastings a few years ago. I don’t know that he’s done much looking since then. Only complaint I’ve ever heard from him about Kings Cove is the no wake to get out to the river.

SoDakangler

Figured I may be out of luck with waiting lists and such but I’ll give it a shot.

Yes Brian red wing is unfortunately out of the question although that would be my preferred pool to fish. I’m working afternoons/evenings in downtown mpls so would like to be able to fish mornings and still have an easy drive in.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m not much for suggestions on Pool 3, but if you ever need some on Pool 4 I have been in most of them either refueling or picking people up and can give suggestions.

I’d go check them out and get your name on waiting lists for ones you prefer. I know one here locally has a ~2-3 year waiting list while the other generally has a handful come available each year in the less desirable sections of the marina.

We recently went through this process with our tritoon so that my wife could use it whenever she wants when I am not around. She is very comfortable growing up on the river, but doesn’t want to launch it alone from a trailer. If you choose a place, I’d ask specifics about:

-carry in fuel policies (most don’t allow it, but if they do it’s a plus)
    -restroom/dumpster access
    -lockable storage on docks
    -subleasing slips

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.