Pool 2 – Wishful thinking?

• procor
    Mounds View, MN

With the temps back into the mid to upper 30’s and even 39 & 40 degree days coming….is there any hope to launch a boat at the 494 bridge? I will be flying over the river a couple times this week and hope to get some aerial photos and see what the ice conditions are like. I will post when I take them….I still haven’t winterized the boat, so it is either hoping for P2, or heading down to P4…

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

Don’t think you’ll see me on 2 till spring. 4 this weekend and hopefully many more.

mattgroff

U should b good to go on 2. Talked to some guys that launched at 494 and made the haul down to spring lake for some duck hunting. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Been open for a couple of days now. Just got home from a quick trip this afternoon.

procor
    Mounds View, MN

Awesome! I haven’t been down that way in over a week…so good to hear it is open. After ice fishing three lakes today that I researched on the DNR Lakefinder site and studying their trap/gill net studies, it ended up being a very bad day of fishing (blamed on the cold front)…maybe I can redeem myself on P2…oh wait a second…the last time I was out there I did get any either.

Something has to give….cant wait to get to P2!

matt

I thought about giving it a shot but I’ve been having a great past couple weeks catching them in the nice warm fishhouse.Plus its a pain in the a to swap all my gear out for what would amount to a day or two of fishing.I wasnt excited for ice fishing at all,but now Im really enjoying the lazy aspect of it.

procor
    Mounds View, MN

Just flew over the river this morning. I would say the river is about 85-90% open with the only ice being a thin sheet mainly on the east shoreline and will likely be gone this afternoon. I will upload a couple photos later. She is good to go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.