Pool 2 Fall Hawg Haul 2018

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Can you feel the chill in the morning air? The Pool 2 Hog Haul is just around the corner!

Everything is the same. Just going back to Saturday.

Pool 2, Fall Hog Haul and Get Together.
    Come join us for the Fall Hog Haul at Lions Levee park on Saturday Oct 6th. This will be a fun and friendly catch, photo, release contest followed with a pot luck cook out on the island at Lions levee park.
    Fishing contest info and rules:
    Take off and Finish: Lion’s Levee landing, St Paul Park, MN. Pool 2, Mississippi River.
    Date: Saturday Oct, 6th 2018
    Contest Time: 8am to 2pm.
    Entry fee: $25 per person with an Optional $5 per person for big fish pot.
    Boats: Contest is limited to 25 boats.
    Teams: In trying to make this a fun, social contest we allow both 2 person and 3 person teams.
    Registration. Registration is the morning of the contest. We will have a table set up for this at the landing. Sign in your team members. Pay entry fee for team and receive control item and boat sheet for recording fish measurements. A quick rules meeting will be held 7:30am in the park on the island. I will be set up at the park by 7am for registration.
    Teams will need to provide their own camera and fish measuring board for this event. Cameras need to have a display so fish photos can be verified at end of contest.
    Launch time is at 8am and will be a shot gun start. Boats will stage on the river side of the island as directed for take off. Please use caution during take off. Larger boats watch out for smaller boats. Smaller boats please heed way to larger boats taking off.
    Fishing time ends at 2pm. All boats will need to be back to Lions levee and boat sheets turned in by 220pm. Fish caught after 2pm will not count and are not to be recorded on the boat sheet.
    All size walleyes, saugers or saugeyes count as legal fish for the contest. There is no size limit for this contest.
    All fish must be caught by legal MN fishing methods. Only one line per person. Illegally caught or kept fish will be disqualified.
    MEASUREMENT and RECORDING of LENGTHS
    All fish that are entered in the contest will need to have a length measurement and photo verification of the fish using the following method:
    Fish measurement and recording. Fish measurements are to be taken with the nose of fish touching 0 end of measuring board. The fish tail will need to be pinched and centered on the other end of the measuring board. Take measurement to the nearest 1/4 inch. Record this measurement on the provided boat sheet. There is no limit to the number of fish that can be recorded.
    Photo record. The fish needs to be on the fish ruler with head touching 0 side and pinched tail touching the center of the ruler visible on the other side. Both ends of the fish and control item need to be visible in photo. Photos of winning teams fish will need to be presented to judges on Saturday for verification.
    Each team will need to provide their own camera and fish measuring board for the event. Please make sure cameras are fully charged and in good working order before contest.
    At the end of the contest each team will need to total up their 5 longest fish and add this measurement to the team total space at the bottom of boat sheet. If needed please circle the 5 fish used for the total length measurement. Boat sheets need to be turned into judges by 220pm at Lion Levee. We will be located on the island at the park across from the landing. The top teams will need to present their fish photos to the judges at this time for verification. You must have photos to win. The big fish will be verified at this time also. Award presentation will follow.
    Any disputes will be handled by the judges. Any ties in measurements will be broken by the team with the largest recorded fish or coin toss if needed.
    PAYOUT:
    Top three places will be paid as follows.
    1st place… 50%
    2nd place… 30%
    3rd place… 20% of entry fees collected.
    Big fish winner gets 100% of big fish entry fees.
    Please practice good sportsmanship and safe boating practices. Wearing of life jackets is encouraged at all times and is required while on plane.
    Judges will be Jon Jordan 651-343-9318. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or problems during the contest.

Please reply to this post with the team member names. This will help speed along the morning sign up.

The weigh in and Get Together are open for everyone. Hope to have a big pot luck and fish fry again.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Mike can’t do this on the First weekend of Oct and the other weekends have booked up fast. Everything the same, just going back to Saturday by popular demand.

Everyone welcome to attend the Get Together / Pot Luck at weigh in. Hope to see / meet all the pool 2 regulars. Even if you can’t fish the contest. toast

Other post on this topic removed so all entry posts end up here. waytogo

-J.

buschman
    Pool 2

I will be there.. Should be anyways. I never do well fishing it but sure enjoy doing it. haha.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Kendall P, Matt B, and Marty S are in.

Thanks for taking this over this year.

Jake Hendrickson
    Inactive
    Madison, WI

Jake Hendrickson
    Dave Grosulak

dbright
    Cambridge

I will be there

tharms
    Minnesota

Chad Kruse
    Kyle Steinfeldt
    Tim Harms

Thanks Jon.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I’ll be there. Co pilot tbd.

gonefishin

Hi Jon,
    Drew, Phil, and Laura are in as usual. We were just talking about this the past weekend.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Matt Moen and Tyler Birkel – back to defend our last place finish!

CBMN
    North Metro

Count me in again.

Thanks for taking the wheel on this Jon.

tharms
    Minnesota

Hello Jon. I know your rules are set but I’d vote for allowing us to fish another hour longer say to 3 pm, then get to enjoy 7 hrs of fishing. Just a thought.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Hello Jon. I know your rules are set but I’d vote for allowing us to fish another hour longer say to 3 pm, then get to enjoy 7 hrs of fishing. Just a thought.

I like the as-is 6 hr format. Start at 8am and fish until 2pm. Gives us time to eat, meet, and greet plus be home not too late for other Saturday night activities.

My vote is leave as-is.

tharms
    Minnesota

My partners travel up from Iowa be nice to fish a little longer than 6 hours since we’re already there. Either way we will be there.

Burchoid

Can’t wait!

What should happen in the event that a fish is hooked at 1:58, landed at 1:59, and photo taken at 2:01? When it comes to those last few casts, I’m curious if we go by when a fish was landed or timestamp on the camera.

My vote would be for rods down, lures out of the water at 2PM GPS time. Land and photo any fish hooked up till that point and be back by 2:20.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

It would be when the fish was caught/landed. waytogo

-J.

tharms
    Minnesota

Tim Adams
    Wayne Prokosch
    Lester Schmidt

Will be there as well.

The optional third is a great concept. Thanks.

Sean Albiston, Stuart Manning & Michael Thompson will be there.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Jon J
    Dave B
    Anna

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Wish I could make this event. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Weather is looking good and the river is dropping fast. The fish should be on a good bite!

I’ll be down at the Lions Levee ramp by 7am. Look for a White Chev 3500 with a White Topper. (Red Ranger 618 on back.) See me to get registered and pay entry fee.

Please plan to pay entry fee in CASH. $25 entry + $5 Big Fish. All prizes awarded after weigh in.

Couple of tips. Make sure to have an extra pen or two in the boat. If it’s raining or drizzling out, it’s nice to take pics and record fish under an umbrella. Test out your camera or phone to make sure you are taking CLEAR photos. (No smudges on the lens!)

If you have not used Lions Levee in a while, make sure to stay LEFT in the cut out to the main channel. The left side stays deep right up close to shore.

I will be asking that the top 3 teams and big fish winners send their fish pics to the following email address: [email protected]

I will take care of posting pics here and on FaceBook.

Any questions, feel free to call 651-343-9318 or PM me here on IDO.

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Lions Levee ramp as of Tues evening. River expected to drop another foot by Sat morning. If you haven’t been down there lately, the left side has been closed all year. The right side is good to go as usual.

-J.

Attachments:
    1. EFE52961-FF01-4FD3-B73A-8E751D2E1EA2.jpeg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good luck to you guys this weekend at the contest. Conditions are looking great for this. I wont make it this year do to other plans but contest is in great hands with Jon running it. Hope you guys stick some hogs down there.

buschman
    Pool 2

Mike, you will be missed.. However that’s one less guy for us to worry about. haha

John Nesse and I will be there Saturday morning.

Thanks for keeping this going Jon!!

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

How did everyone do?

I took my kid and his buddy out for a couple hours this morning on upper p2 and we got blanked. I barely marked anything from dam to pike island. Which hopefully means you guys killed it down on the lower pool today? It’s been awfully quiet up this way.

Dave maze
    Isanti

We tied for last place! woot
    Some guys did real well. 5 fish just under 130 total inches won. All we found were saugers.

Burchoid

Me, kwp, and crawdaddy had 129.25″ between five fish.

Attachments:
    1. 20181006_143400.jpg

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Me, kwp, and crawdaddy had 129.25″ between five fish.

Awesome!

And Moen & Birkel with the BF, very nice.

Good work everyone!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Not a lot of fish but the biggest one!

Thanks again Jon…really appreciate you pulling this together. I’d be willing to help with some planning next year.

Attachments:
    1. E7725E5B-EA76-4479-8E60-80C1901B7921.jpeg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Tanker Matt! What a beaut. toast

Congrats to the winners. toast

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.