Pool 2

• Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Was out on P2 yesterday with the boy and his girlfriend. The fishing was pretty darn good. Caught mostly walleye with a 25.5 incher being the largest of the day. Also had some white bass, sheeps and 1 smallie.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2582.jpg

2. IMG_2581.jpg

3. IMG_2580.jpg

4. IMG_2583.jpg

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Trolling or pitching? I’m guessing you were trolling.

Looks like a great day.

SR

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Francis looks like a great day with big smiles. Couldn’t help but notice your son must have good strong lips. His girlfriend had some love marks on her neck. Ahhh to be young again.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Yes, to be young again!

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Steve, We were trolling cranks.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Looks like a fun trip! Thanks for the report Francis.

tk7

Spent just a couple hours on pool 2 yesterday with my son and father in law. Trolled shad raps on lead and hooked up within 20 minutes. Caught a variety of walleye and sauger with a dandy 22.5″ sauger. Found them in 14-18 fow and could have caught them all day had we stayed. Fun morning!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Slow night for dad and I on the upper part of Pool 2. We managed about 5-6 walleye and some other fish too including one drag ripping drum. Lots of leaves made trolling cranks tough. Not to self, tell dad to zoom next time

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2105.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good to see some fishing biting on pool 2. Pool 2 fishing contest is a little over a week away. Hope to see some of you guys there.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Other than taking a day excursion from St. Paul to Afton i haven’t been out for nearly a month! Bailed from work earlier just to sneak in a quick 2 hours on the river, home by 5 for dinner with the kids. Managed a couple decent sassy smallmouths trolling cranks.

There is still a lot of debris in the water. Some splitshot a little above the bait helped to catch grass and leaves. Days like this I was grateful to be running metered braid. I could tell instantly when I was fouled, and it was quick and easy to get the right amount of line back out after clearing the trebles.

I can’t make the hog haul but I’m looking forward to hearing how you guys do!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.