Pool 2

• matthewkolden

I’ve not been to pool 2 in a number of years. Has anything changed down there in terms of regulations? Thinking of going this weekend if i can sneak away. Im assuming still catch and release and all that…

Butz the more important part of my question would be, is this a good time of year to be out there chasing walleye. Ive really only ever been out there in the summer.

sturgeonman

Yep it’s still catch and release year round for walleye, sauger, smallmouth and largemouth bass. As for time of year, it’s a great time to be out there. Best action will be from the confluence to the dam.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

This is a great time of year to get the boat out on pool 2 but the bite can be real hit or miss. If you want a more consistent bite look at May or June. Those fish are back down river setting up on there summer spots and hungry.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

New reg is two lines per angler

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

There is never a bad time to be out there but I agree with Mikeā€¦this is a hit and miss time of year. I was out last weekend and it was a grind but we put a few decent fish in the boat. Post spawn is the best time.

LabDaddy1

Good to see you back on here, mr. Moen!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.