Pontoon Mooring Line Suggestions

• Ice Cap

First year with a new pontoon. It’s a 20 footer fish and cruise so nothing huge. Looking for a simple easy but effective way to tie it to the dock. Been looking at those short bungee mooring lines. Are they sufficient for a pontoon? We are in a quiet bay on a larger lake but we can at times get some pretty decent swells when the wind is out of the east, yesterday was a good example. We don’t have cleats on the pontoon or the dock but cleats can be easily added on the pontoon the dock has the wash thru decking so we just tie off to the dock poles now.
    So if anyone has any suggestions on a good system would appreciate you sharing. Links to products would be helpful as well.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I put two heavy bolt eyes in the side of my pontoon then two short stout ropes on the dock with heavy duty clips. This allows us to quickly and easily secure the pontoon when we are at the cabin. When we leave or when it gets windy while there I also have mooring ropes tied to the front and rear pontoon float. I always double up when leaving a boat in the water.

Ice Cap

Thanks for the reply Suzuki figuring on having to put cleats or eye bolts on the pontoon deck

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Thanks for the reply Suzuki figuring on having to put cleats or eye bolts on the pontoon deck

I was able to do it on the side rail. Not in the way of anything. You can also just use the pontoon eyes on the ends of the floats.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Would a fender washer on both sides of the dock deck material allow you to mount something to it also? Or short piece of bar stock?

tornadochaser

How deep is the water at your dock? Sea-Legs were the best thing ever invented for pontoons. I use ours all of the time. From beaching at friends cabins, to not having to wait for a spot to open up at the restaurant docks, to “anchoring” on a sand bar and pitching rippin raps down a steep break.

https://sea-legs.com/

Ice Cap

I love the idea of Sea Legs but other than docked I don’t think I’d get enough use to justify the cost.

tornadochaser

HEY CHASER
    is it wifi or Bluetooth??
    cool concept for sure.

Ours are 6+ years old, remote controlled with a factory remote. New ones may have bluetooth, not sure. You can also have them hardwired to rocker switches on your dash very easily.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.