Poly Lumber Patio Furniture

• AnotherFisherman

Looking at picking up some patio furniture between now and this spring. Wife and I really like the Polywood material.

Does anybody have a set and care to share their experience? Price seems a bit excessive, but the durability and no maintenance is appealing.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

My folks bought a set 5+ years ago. It’s not “By The Yard” brand, but it’s essentially the same thing. They’re very happy with it. It has held up very well, and it’s not going to blow away in a storm. )

The_Bladepuller
    South end

We were given 2 Adirondack chairs from Costco Xmas of 2021. Very nice pieces and a reasonable price point too.
    They most definitely are not going to be blown away.

Reef W

We got ours from Patio Town end of October 5 years ago. It was still expensive but it was significantly discounted at that time of year. Pretty sure the brand is Comfort Craft and it’s held up well, still looks the same as when we bought it.

Onthewater

We have had them a few years. They are expensive but if you look at any patio furniture now they aren’t cheap. We have a high top table with bar height swivel chairs and 4 swivel gliders. Highly recommend paying the extra for the gliders if going with chairs. Multiple people that have used ours bought some after.

Attachments:
    1. qw-amish-5pc-micah-counter-set-2527130812525_1024x1024.jpg

2. CTF2020CatalogPoly-page-010.jpg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We have two Adirondacks at the cabin. I think about 5 years old? They stay outside and are only covered in the winter. I just put them under the dock. They age WELL. I think the only issue with them is the pine sap that drips on them and I can remove that easily. Totally worth the money for a situation like ours.
    Just make sure whatever you buy is contoured in a way to be comfortable. They dont have any give to them and you dont want sit on something hard and flat for very long.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

In the same boat. We also got two adirondack chairs from costco and they seem to have weathered the winter quite well. Costco does sell Polywood brand but there are limited styles and options.

Patio town in Oakdale has some nice stuff but most if not all sets have to be ordered and last we checked there was quite a bit of lead time.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Great topic and I’ll be following.

The wife wants a pair of chairs for the front porch. I suggested this type but don’t know much about brands or places to buy.

MX1825

Bought 2 last summer for our front porch. We live in the open and it is VERY WINDY. They don’t budge. So far love them. Bought in Richland Center, WI and built on site with all SS hardware. Didn’t buy Adirondack chairs because they sit so low and hard for us old people to get out of them. These are very comfortable.

Attachments:
    1. 20230210_130139-scaled.jpg

Karl Hungus
    Carver County, Minnesota

Our son bought a nice deck set (table/chairs) from BTY summer before last. I know it was a buttload of $ but it is nice stuff. Can’t believe he could afford his new Ranger the next winter!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.