Pole Shed

• mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I have a concrete floor and until I spray foamed the ceiling there were times you swore it was raining indoors.

riverruns… By pouring cement floor in your shed should take care of the condensation problem… at least it has from sheds I’ve seen. Don’t know why but the pole sheds that I know with cement floors have little to none condensation?

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

The key to preventing excess condensation in a pole building is ventilation. The problem most sheds have is they were built for the lowest cost possible, so no eaves or ridge vent. It is a few more bucks but the ventilation from eaves and a ridge vent I have virtually no condensation in a 40×60 with a gravel floor.

I am not sure where you are in building your shed, but if you already have that in the plans or if you can modify to have that, it is far less expensive than foam insulation.

Even in the spring when the ground is saturated wet, it does not drip from the ceiling.

Attachments:
    1. Askov-Farm-Equipment-Inventory-May-4-2008-31.jpg

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

Makes sense the pole buildings I’m talking about do have vented sofit on them not sure about ridge vent. I would think even adding some gable venting would help?

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mxskeeter wrote:</div>
    At the very least you will want to spray foam the ceiling. It keeps the condensation from dripping on everything.

We have a shed about this size un-insulated and dirt floor. It rains in there like an SOB. Would spraying the ceiling take care of all the issues with this? Wood rafters (trusses). Thanks.

Yes is would. My father-in-law did his.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

actually… it has heat a bar & plus a butcher shop toast

I want to party with that guy!!!!!!!!!!
    Meat, heat and beverages! Can’t go wrong!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

The key to preventing excess condensation in a pole building is ventilation. The problem most sheds have is they were built for the lowest cost possible, so no eaves or ridge vent. It is a few more bucks but the ventilation from eaves and a ridge vent I have virtually no condensation in a 40×60 with a gravel floor.

I am not sure where you are in building your shed, but if you already have that in the plans or if you can modify to have that, it is far less expensive than foam insulation.

Even in the spring when the ground is saturated wet, it does not drip from the ceiling.

This makes total sense. Never thought about venting the shed.I bought the property with the shed already there.

mud

Dont buy the froth packs. Just for one tank is $300! And it wont get you far. Unless you live out there, and your slab has in-floor heat, the spray foam is far too expensive than you would get your return back on. They have high density fiberglass batts, but for a shed just do batts, seal and poly the walls and rafters and blow the ceiling to code. Make sure your roof is vented properly. I wouldn’t spray that ceiling either. You’ll have that coming out the roof panels. You should consult a licensed insulation contractor. Insulated properly, you should never have condensation problems.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Mud – Its a 2 tank system. and the only way to seal the walls properly in a pole shed would be to spray them due to the way they are built. (FYI on the froth pack, whatever the model number is the coverage ie 650 you would get 65 sq ft at 1″ thick and that would be at optimal temp. you usually get less) At least 1″ would due, then batt or net and blow.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.