Point one antenna install ?

• brian schultz
    Minot, ND

This might be a stupid question, but I have been thinking about installing a point one antenna on my boat mainly for when I’m back trolling and drifting. Getting sick of the screen moving in circles ect when going slow. In the directions is says to point the arrow to the bow. Well because I go backward more then forward would I point the arrow to the back? Any info on this system would be great I have no experience with the point one. Don’t know if it matters the boat is a 2095btx yar-craft

Crappy Fisherman

You can do that but at $200.00 plus NEMA starter $70.00 it might be easier to set your locator to Heading Up. The screen will still move but not as much as north up. Your arrow will always be pointing at the top of the screen. Do you have a heading extension and course extension on your locator? I have HDS gen 3 and Point 1. The arrow on the Point 1 is pointed forward. By activating the heading and course extension I’m able to see where I’m going when I back troll. When I’m back trolling the course extension points behind the boat in the direction I’m going, I’m basically using it as a reverse heading extension. It works great and the screen never moves. I have a tiller boat and spend more time in reverse than forward. I’ve been going backwards all my life.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.