Please share any thoughts you have about this question

• Charlie Vaughan
    On the river

How are we influenced through, and shaped by the American wilderness and landscape?

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Do your own homework.

deertracker

Do your own homework.

rotflol . You should have at least changed the wording so it doesn’t sound like it is right off your worksheet.
    DT

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Geography might be a good starting point.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

How are we influenced through, and shaped by the American wilderness and landscape?

Cite examples. Be specific.

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Read the sand County almanac by Aldo Leopald. Or at least cliff note it on the Internet. That’s a good reference.

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Ideas from my perspective..

Certain landscapes cause changes and movement in weather. Heavy rains/droughts

Wild fire influence people by taking homes/lives.

A large percentage of Americans will only see wilderness from the man made roads that they travel, and never experience true wilderness places rarely seen off the beaten path.

Maybe use how it influences us in modern times verses 100-200 years ago, when people actually had no choice but to live in the wilderness

Charlie Vaughan
    On the river

Do your own homework.

I was advised by my teacher to try this. This is a rather big project. I’ve read A Sand County Almanac. Any input is appreciated.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I graduated in 1973. Thats the last time anybody asked me for a report.

Good luck with yours. peace

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It should drive you to reach your potential. If it doesn’t, your in the wrong place

Attachments:
    1. 20131117_080410.jpg

2. 20151104_143038.jpg

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Do your own homework.

Maybe the actual assignment is to get responses to the question posed and report the responses.

Charlie Vaughan
    On the river

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>
    Do your own homework.

Maybe the actual assignment is to get responses to the question posed and report the responses.

I’m supposed to collect as much knowledge as possible about this idea.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Well look at pretty much every major city in the US, you know what they have in common? Water, they are pretty much all on water, that connected them to other places more easily. You could write a book on the original interstate, rivers. Or the Wild West (think pre-ok corral when it was more wild). Or wild things as currency (beaver pelts, buffalo etc). If you haven’t, read American Buffalo by Steven Rinella, great book and very interesting. I’d say near everything is influenced through, and shaped by the American wilderness and landscape. Would be interested in the end result of your work.

lundojam

my two cents: All of everybody and everything in every civilization is shaped by landscape and wilderness. 10,000 years ago, as the glaciers receded, Each and every choice people made was dictated by Ma Nature. Today, very few choices are influenced by landscape and wilderness, which has led to people being all effed up and lost.
    Watch the documentary on Netflix about happiness; I think it is called “Happy.” The film makers have unwittingly made a film about the importance of connectedness to our planet. They don’t ever say it, but that is what it is.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Are we talking about the American landscape pre-yoga pants, or post yoga pants, I feel this is an important point ???

404 ERROR
    MN

Are we talking about the American landscape pre-yoga pants, or post yoga pants, I feel this is an important point

^^This. Very important to note that.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Are we talking about the American landscape pre-yoga pants, or post yoga pants, I feel this is an important point

rotflol rotflol

Thanks for the early laugh….so good.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Do your own homework.

You seriously must be a character from the movie “Grumpy old Men…”…RR

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Yoga pants…

Let’s not forget pre-post Wal-Mart era….

robby
    Quad Cities

[/quote

Well, after the native americans sold us their land weve sparingly utilized the natural resources that are in this land. This has allowed us as Americans to remain independent of other nations supply and export of these resources such as oil from the middle east…..

robby
    Quad Cities

Btw, I gotta say I sorta admire this kids strategy. Bite is on and there are deer to hunt after all.

Charlie Vaughan
    On the river

Thought I’d revive this topic with hopes for some new input.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

When is your project due?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.