Plastics for Lake of the Woods

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Heading up to LoTW’s this weekend – I have decent selection of BFishn plastics but was wondering what colors/shapes are best for up there?? Don’t want to haul my entire tacklebox as we’re going out with a guide…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Doesn’t the guide supply what the hot bait is ?

Tommy

I’ve done well with all of them honestly. Moxies and Puls’r is usually what I drift to.

I’ve hardly had color matter.

Ike Sell

Kalins Jerk minnow jr, Arkansas shad
    Z man trick shot shad

Google eye jigs

Good as using real minnows last week up in the Canadian side around Splitrock Island area. I used these 90% of the week and did as well if not better than my minnow partner. Gotta have the confidence and the right short snap and drop on a tight line.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Gotta have the confidence and the right short snap and drop on a tight line.

That is the ticket.

Ike Sell

1st time trying the Jerk Minnow. Worked as well as the Z Mann trick shots. Hard not to catch a few of Tom’s videos. He’s so prolific. 2 Brothers Rods, check. Googleeye jigs, check. 832 Braid, check. If it works, it’s hard to argue with it. I find it difficult to transition my buddies into using plastics. This year we dedicated one day to only plastics for 6 people. Most struggled but they were not using a longer rod and braid. I continued to hammer fish all day. I’ve been fine tuning the approach for several years. Worth the effort in my opinion.

orve4

I have totally switched to using plastics and crank baits in Canada. With the new laws it makes it cheaper, and you do not have to worry about keeping the bait alive. I even use the night crawlers for my spinner harnesses. If picking colors, the white or chartreuse. Otherwise look for ones with fleck of color in it to reflect and give some flash. But most of all color does not matter if they are hungry.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

As a guide myself, please leave your tackle in the truck!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.