Pizza

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Lets see if we can start a thread that doesn’t turn into a brawl. grin

Whats your go to topping for your favorite pizza? Do you change often or just stick with the same one? I’m a Canadian Bacon with Pineapple guy. Thats what I eat 90% of the time. Other then that it’s Pepperoni. I do not like Domino’s, Pizza Hut and only occasionally will I do Little Caesars.

Your opinions?

munchy
    NULL

Anything with spicy sausage, or atleast tons of meat. But will eat most anything as well. Though I’m not much of a pepperoni or hamburger fan if it is by itself.

As far as restaurants go my favorites are Marco’s and Papa Johns. Love PJ’s garlic butter!! There is also a Take and Bake type pizza place just down the road from me called Woodland Take n Bake that has some amazing flavor combinations.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

All things meat lovers. There is a place in Chrystal that has a pizza with giardiniera which is the bomb!

Dutchy, you know as well as I that March on IDO is fun. The gloves come off for a month.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I’ll eat any kind of pizza except Canadian bacon and pineapple. I love meatlovers stuffed crust from Pizza Hut, and the 5 meat stuffed pizza from Papa Murphys! Those two are my absolute favorites. toast

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Sausage, pepperoni, onion stuffed crust.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Graziano’s sausage, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and occasionally add shrimp!
    http://www.grazianobrothers.com/products.htm

That ^^^ @ Felix and Oscars in a cheese topper! Yum oink heaven!
    http://www.felixandoscars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/pizza-op.pdf

Pappa Smurfies (murphys), God Fodders (Fathers) for the chains. F&O’s, Orlando’s, Scornovacca’s and the Checkerboard (45 minute drive) are the local mom and pop shops that are a go to!

dbrode
    Mingo, IA

Hamburger, mushroom, black olive or taco from Papa Giorgioz Colfax, Iowa

Iowaboy1

my favorite is canadian bacon and pineapple as well,I dont have it often as I dont want it to become my unfavorite,that said,two weeks ago my wife came up with the idea of a rueben pizza,may have to change my position on which one is favorite now.

but,the absolute best pizza I have ever had is one made right here at home with fresh morel mushrooms,YYYUUUUUMMMM!!!

Pagliai’s pizza in Grinnell or Johnston is our go to pizzeria when we venture out.
    Kens pizza on the north side when we are in Bemidji when on vacation.

Timmy

Funny that this post comes up….. Here is a standard sausage pie in a cast pan….. It’ll make a turd, as my pa says…. toast toast

I took it out of the oven and was waiting for it to gel up when I read this post…,,,

Attachments:
    1. image-26.jpeg

2. image-25.jpeg

realtreeap10
    Over there

Have to say Angenos, maple grove, thin crust sausage pepperoni and pineapple. Gina Maria’s Plymouth or tonka have great pizza too.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

For the love of God it’s called Hawaiian!! And yes, its the best toast

bigpike

My bride has a bread maker. She has a recipe for pizza crust. We both like it thin and a little crunchy. It takes about 3 hours for the dough to rise. She rolls it out on corn meal. Thin. We like Pastorellis for the sauce. Tons of mozzarella whole and grated, the pre grated stuff has an agent put on it that keeps it from clumping. YUCKO taste. Try it fresh grated and good quality cheese. Add whatever pizza type cheese you enjoy. Fresh grated parmesan?

Attachments:
    1. 20160306_154409.jpg

bigpike

Lightly fry fresh italian pork sausage. Also fry Portabella mushrooms. Add olives. Onion. Pepperoni. The world is yours. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes, give or take depending on how you like it done.

Polak

Best pizza I ever had was at this place..

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1449327869823.jpg

bigpike

The pizza stone also helps if you dont have a fancy brick oven.

mattgroff

Pepperoni and green olive.
    Thin crust.
    Being from Inver grove it’s all about old world and torittos pizza places. Both are great.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Matt, is Louie’s Pizza still down on Concord?

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Latuff’s with either hamburger or mushrooms. I also was a big fan of Angenos. And the old Ole’ Piper End that used to be just South of Bloomington Kennedy.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Pepperoni and green olive.
    Thin crust.
    Being from Inver grove it’s all about old world and torittos pizza places. Both are great.

X2!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Best pizza I ever had was at this place..

Polak Pizza? Racist!!!

Timmy you use a cast iron pan as a pizza a stone? That’s pretty smart. I have 2 pizza stones, never been used.

I need to try grilling a pizza. My friend does that in MN and its delicious.

I loved Tasty pizza. Something about that soft crust and gooey cheese. I’d just get a sausage. I can still feel the grease flowing down my hand as I write this.

We make Flat Out pizzas. It’s a simple and quick meal. Put the thin flat out crust in for 4 minutes, take it out, add toppings, back in for 8minutes and its done.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I love sausauge and saur kraut on my pizza, with lots of mozzarella. Hunters Point has it down to perfection waytogo (I eat it so much, George named it “The Glenny”) devil

Josh Runksmeier
    Pequot Lakes, MN

Nobody’s mention cheese.I like it all but it has to have good cheese on it!!

mattgroff

I don’t know if Louie’s pizza is I will check later today.

Timmy

Timmy you use a cast iron pan as a pizza a stone? That’s pretty smart. I have 2 pizza stones, never been used.

We make Flat Out pizzas. It’s a simple and quick meal. Put the thin flat out crust in for 4 minutes, take it out, add toppings, back in for 8minutes and its done.

Yes – a cast pan makes the best crust I have ever had. I get a crunchy, golden brown outside and perfect texture out of it. Since I started with cast iron pans, I have not touched my pizza stone when making homemade pies.

For thin and crispy pizzas, I use flour tortillas for the crust. Try it – you will not be disappointed. Google “bar style tortilla pizza”. They are the absolute best thin crust pizzas I have ever had. About 10 minutes start to finish and extremely tasty. They are always a hit on our group fishing trips.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

I love garlic so I’ll cut up garlic slivers to put on the pizza before baking. I’ll also put graulated garlic herb on th e cutting board when rolling out the dough.
    Yep got to have good cheese, not that preshreaded stuff that has dextrose added for anti-cakeing.
    A good mozzarella and Assiogo for me.
    What ever the toppings they have to be big enough to taste them. I like to stick to 2or3 toppings anymore it all blends together.

If one is going through downtown Stillwater stop in at Victorionoe’s on the north end and have a build your own slice of New York style of pizza or whole pizza cooked in front of you. Top of my list as for good pizza.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I love sausauge and saur kraut on my pizza, with lots of mozzarella. Hunters Point has it down to perfection waytogo (I eat it so much, George named it “The Glenny”) devil

Ooooooh that sounds good!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Racist?

Technically Polak is a derogatory term. That being said, I’ve yet to find a person of Polish decent who finds it offensive. In fact, most Poles I know refer to themselves as polaks, not Poles.

)

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>

Yes – a cast pan makes the best crust I have ever had. I get a crunchy, golden brown outside and perfect texture out of it. Since I started with cast iron pans, I have not touched my pizza stone when making homemade pies.

For thin and crispy pizzas, I use flour tortillas for the crust. Try it – you will not be disappointed. Google “bar style tortilla pizza”. They are the absolute best thin crust pizzas I have ever had. About 10 minutes start to finish and extremely tasty. They are always a hit on our group fishing trips.

Oh my! Thank you. I’ll have to try both of those.

Polak

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>polpiz wrote:</div>
    Racist?

Technically Polak is a derogatory term. That being said, I’ve yet to find a person of Polish decent who finds it offensive. In fact, most Poles I know refer to themselves as polaks, not Poles.

)

yep that’s true..It has been my nickname for well over 40yrs…I owned that place for 28yrs & sold it bout 12yrs ago..

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.