Pictures of fish.

• ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

Why do people have to reach their arms out as far as they can to make the fish look bigger when getting pictures taken ???

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Why do people have to reach their arms out as far as they can to make the fish look bigger when getting pictures taken ???

Same reason folks use three question marks instead of a period, when they are really just making a statement. doah

boone
    Woodbury, MN

“Why do people have to reach their arms out as far as they can to make the fish look bigger when getting pictures taken ???”

I think you just answered your own question.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Why do we have to criticize other people’s pictures?

My goal is to remind me of how the fish looked when I first saw it.

If that bothers you, then moon

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

This has been covered and each to his own I guess.

Personally I just ignore pictures with fully extended arms. I tell all my clients to extend their forearms only and their elbows should be touching their sides. This will make a fish look as big as it actually is.

catmando
    wis

I can’t even lift them ,let alone hold them out. Lol. DK. Can’t fix it lol

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20161009_155302-2.jpg

2. IMG_20161009_155302-1.jpg

3. IMG_20161009_155302.jpg

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ski junkie wrote:</div>

Same reason folks use three question marks instead of a period, when they are really just making a statement. doah

It was a question, that’s why the ???’s
    Lighten up

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

Why do we have to criticize other people’s pictures?

My goal is to remind me of how the fish looked when I first saw it.

If that bothers you, then moon

I wasn’t criticizing, I was asking why.

Lighten up

fishdale

If you don’t do that and post a picture people tell you that there is no way your fish is that big. This is especially true when you are 6-4.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Sheesh. Tough crowd! Lol I guess they just want to impress their friends and social media. Myself? I hold them with my arms in a natural position. Like Joe said, it makes the fish look their real size because you can compare it proportionally to the person. Or maybe they just catch small fish! Lol

Nick Meyer

Don’t need too extend arms when your catching hogs like that now do ya! ;)

Attachments:
    1. bigassbass.jpg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I extend the fish all the way out, because then it makes me look less fat than I am… razz
    I suppose too is that the focus is on the fish, look at the fish…not me. I just happen to be holding it. jester

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

If you don’t do that and post a picture people tell you that there is no way your fish is that big. This is especially true when you are 6-4.

Pretty much sums it up. Caring about what others think.

If you do that to every fish there is no way to distinguish anything. Many years and pics down the road you’ll look back and say geez, they all look the same!

IMO there really is no arguing this, at its core its about impressing others and/or yourself, whether a lil or alot.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I think everyone should just post their fish pictures like this then…

Attachments:
    1. WP_20160702_17_50_50_Pro.jpg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I wasn’t criticizing, I was asking why.

Lighten up

I didn’t say you were.

You were definitely implying.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Why do people take pictures of fish???

As long as the person holding the fish has a smile and looks at the camera, I am good. If they gaze lovingly at the fish instead, well flame

Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

I think the answer to your original question is simple.

They don’t have to they choose to.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

If someone is lying about the size of the fish, that’s one thing. But why would anyone have a problem with a picture if the size is stated honestly?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Why do people take pictures of fish???

As long as the person holding the fish has a smile and looks at the camera, I am good. If they gaze lovingly at the fish instead, well flame

Troll. coffee

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

You guys are nuts.

FryDog62

I usually keep my arms bent somewhat and not straight out… but a lot of times state length and/or weight too, let people draw their own conclusions…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have stated before that when people do the opposite and hold a fish as close to their body as possible, it looks awkward and ruins the picture. I’d rather see a person extending their arms between the two, but prefer a natural hold to them all.

I do also like some non traditional shots of people holding fish or not like a close up of the fishes head where the perspective is the fish coming at you and the fisherman is in the background.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I think holding it as natural as possible is the best! IMHO

Attachments:
    1. images.jpeg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I have stated before that when people do the opposite and hold a fish as close to their body as possible, it looks awkward and ruins the picture. I’d rather see a person extending their arms between the two, but prefer a natural hold to them all.

I do also like some non traditional shots of people holding fish or not like a close up of the fishes head where the perspective is the fish coming at you and the fisherman is in the background.

I’ve seen several pictures like that here. James does that quite often I think.

I think people get to worked up about a photo of a fish. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say. A fish photo isn’t like a photo of something for sale where the seller is intentionally trying to mis-lead you. Every morning I put my big boy pants on, thus I’m able to determine on my own what I think of each photo I look at. Whether I think it looks correct or not rally doesn’t matter to anybody but me. grin BTW, that photo of the 5lb black crappie was really only about 7 inches. I have really, really long arms. jester

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yes, James and the crew do have photos like that. I didn’t feel like looking for their example though )

deertracker

Fine, I’ll post one…
    DT

Attachments:
    1. 2016-11-12-20-44-16-1557251009.jpeg

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Mocha, I suppose you’re going to tell me there is fish in that picture?

riverruns
    Inactive

I once had a fish so big I had to take a front half picture and a back half picture of it. Didn’t even need to hold it out! Not a lot of people that have caught fish so big that they needed to take 2 picture of the same fish to let people know how big it was. Man it was big!

Flathead and I ate it!

Daniel Turner

Pictures never do the fish justice. If you don’t get it away from your body, a 4# bass looks like a 15″ fish or smaller.

Laying fish on the carpet should be a last resort. You you do, wet the carpet thoroughly first. It is very hard on the fish as it removes their slime coat.

Why do you care? Their fish, their picture, their story.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Why does anyone care? Better than having it flopping on boat carpet

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.