Phone Book

• Bassn Dan

Someone was saying today that it’s now considered to be a HUGE invasion of privacy to look up a number in the phonebook to call someone that you know.

Huh???????

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

What’s a phone book?

bullcans
    Northfield MN

What’s a phone book?

I use them all the time under my seat since i cant afford those fancy laugh laugh laugh Airwaves!

catnip
    south metro

Phonebook aka the basement backstop.

munchy
    NULL

More of an invasion of privacy than Facebook? Both of which you can opt out of…

And BTW I haven’t opened a phone book in close to 10 years. Yet I keep getting them thrown on my doorstep then go straight to the recycle. Wish I could figure out how to opt out of getting them!

Sharon
    SE Metro

I’ve beed told you can visit here to opt out of yellow pages: https://www.yellowpagesoptout.com but I did that and shortly after I got a book on my doorstep… And what’s really odd is that I don’t recall getting ANY books in the last decade before this!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

More of an invasion of privacy than Facebook? Both of which you can opt out of…

You have to opt-in order to opt-out…

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

And BTW I haven’t opened a phone book in close to 10 years. Yet I keep getting them thrown on my doorstep then go straight to the recycle. Wish I could figure out how to opt out of getting them!

You have to open it to find out. jester

Seriously though, I opened the last one just to see the credits on the cover photo and discovered contact information to get off the book list. A few minutes later I was removed. No more recycling bin filler for this guy. This information was on the first page.

I did find it funny that they were saying “NOW WITH LARGER TYPE” on the cover. Of course, the average age of the person using the book is probably 75. doah

glenn57
    cold spring mn

man i must be old and odd. i dont mind getting the phone books. use them for looking up businesses i may want to use. old fashioned maybe, but i still like looking at paper then a screen!!!!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Old Fart ^^

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Someone was saying today that it’s now considered to be a HUGE invasion of privacy to look up a number in the phonebook to call someone that you know.

Texting must be the only form of communication they are comfortable with.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I’m not a facebook guy….
    Never sent or received a tweat….
    I do get excited to be part of some hip crowd that doesn’t use a phone book any longer…. I almost feel cool and sort of trendy, for a minute anyway.

Bassn Dan

So apparently no one else has heard the claim that calling someone’s publicly published landline number is an invasion of privacy?

To me, if that’s how they feel they should get an unlisted number or join “The Secret Society of Cell Phone Only Users” that no one but their inner circle can reach……

Reef W

So apparently no one else has heard the claim that calling someone’s publicly published landline number is an invasion of privacy?

I haven’t but I’m not sure I know anybody who has a landline.

grizzly
    nebraska

i shred them up for worm bedding

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.